Full sized CTS (6.3mm) compatible witch hat knobs - UK source?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
TheOndrakGuy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Full sized CTS (6.3mm) compatible witch hat knobs - UK source?

Post by TheOndrakGuy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 am

As the title says, really. I'm building up a Jazzmaster using a vintage-correct harness but can't find black 'volume' and 'tone' marked witch hat knobs with a set screw anywhere in the UK! If anyone's got a source, I'm sure they'll be here.

(Failing that, I'll go with some knurled barrel knobs, but I'd rather my first choice).
"It's not f**ked, the electronics are reliced!"

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Full sized CTS (6.3mm) compatible witch hat knobs - UK source?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:43 am

Hey OndrakGuy!
I'm sure you already know about these...if not, you're welcome! :)
Black Star Guitars in Derbyshire, UK (on Reverb.com) offers white Witchhat knobs (without Tone or Vol written on them) for ~20€ If this isn't a must have - these are the cheapest way to go atm I think... BUT STILL, 20 BUCKS FOR A PAIR OF KNOBS...CRAZY ISN'T IT?

He hasn't listed the original Fender (with those markings) at the moment... Thomann normally sells them...but for almost double the price!

Allparts once had them... but not sure if still/in the UK. All the others I found are coming from the USA. But there would be a set of 4 labeled (non vintage) white ones for about 16€ on ebay (+ shipping though)

Does anyone know about any cheaper alternatives? I mean you can get a set of 4 labeled black witchhat knobs for 13€...

Kadenray
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Kadenray » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:32 am

the blacktop HS jazzmaster came with black witch hat knobs with a set screw.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:04 am

Haha, sorry I think I only read what I wanted to...as I'm looking for white ones at the moment!
You're searching for Black ones! Got it now!
Then again: custom world guitar parts in NL has a set of 4 (2 vol 2 tone) but I can't see screws on them - but an email might varify.

The Blackstar guitar parts store has them without vol/tone label but with an allen key screw (likely the same as I have).

And then there is Glued to Music in the UK who's offering black Hosco witchhats separately for less then 4€ per piece. Again no screw in the description but just ask!