Mod work needed; will pay for your services!

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Footbutt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mod work needed; will pay for your services!

Post by Footbutt » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 am

So I've been a Jazzmaster guy for years and a back-and-forth Jaguar guy for the same amount of time.

So when Fender Japan started taking pre-orders for a daphne blue Jaguar (via SouthPaw Guitars), i HAD to have one!
But i remember the reason why i didn't stay with the Jaguar sound the first time: the tone.
I actually liked the KC Jaguar, but didn't care for the layout or the fret-job.

So i LOVE MIJ Fenders and I'm thinking of getting this blue Jag (in September-ish) and modding it for either mini-humbuckers or filter'trons. i like both pickup sounds but was curious if anyone could do the mod work for me? I'M TERRIBLE AT WOODWORK, but great at electronics!
"There's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster." -Dr. Evil

_nash
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mod work needed; will pay for your services!

Post by _nash » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 am

That’s a fairly easy job. But may I ask, have you only played/heard Japanese Jaguar pickups? Or was it that you just like Japanese Fenders in general? I’ve had a couple sets of Japanese Jaguar pickups and, to me, they’re the worst. Shrill, thin, ice-picky.

Footbutt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mod work needed; will pay for your services!

Post by Footbutt » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am

_nash wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 am
That’s a fairly easy job. But may I ask, have you only played/heard Japanese Jaguar pickups? Or was it that you just like Japanese Fenders in general? I’ve had a couple sets of Japanese Jaguar pickups and, to me, they’re the worst. Shrill, thin, ice-picky.
I've had many types of Jaguar pickups: MIJ, AVRI, and the best ones were the Seymour Duncans.
But I'm looking for a humbucker-ish sound (i.e. Filtertrons or Mini-Humbuckers) to vary the sound of my Jazzmaster.
"There's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster." -Dr. Evil