Rexter X Deed_Poll

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Rexter X Deed_Poll

Post by rexter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am

So I've had a stupid couple of months and it's taken me way longer than it should have done to do these bodies, to do anything in fact... But... finally been getting to finishing some of Dan's amazing creations.

I have three more in my queue to get cracking on when time allows, but with jobs stacked up and a big move coming up in August (to a proper 4-room, 1000 sq foot workshop with capacity for multiple spray booths and much more cool stuff :w00t: ) it might realistically be September by the time I get to them, not so :w00t: . But they could be sparkle tops and all sorts if I get the new place fitted out right.

This one has just been packed up to head off to DaveC - gorgeous roasted ash body, black grainfiller, low sheen satin finish.

This awesome take on the Maverick/Custom is ready for curing before receiving a heavy rustic relic at the request of Raph, a super cool dude if you didn't know 8)

And this hunk of genius belongs to Ray who's being super-patient and chill about it taking so long :blush: Hey Ray... new can of Burgundy Mist is on the way this week! It needs a final mist coat of colour and then clear.

Hangin' together:

I'll update this thread with the others when I start them. A couple of thinlines including my Deluxemaster Thinline, which I'm thinking needs an Ocean Green flake finish... :?

DaveC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Rexter X Deed_Poll

Post by DaveC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

Awesome work as I said in our pm conversation, can't wait to get my hands on this!
Cheers
Dave

my main man
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by my main man » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm

What is that top one? It's basically my dream version of the Ibanez Talman. Are there any pics of one all put together? The finish is gorgeous too.

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm

my main man wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm
What is that top one? It's basically my dream version of the Ibanez Talman. Are there any pics of one all put together? The finish is gorgeous too.
That model is called the Offset 52 - it was designed and built by member Deed_poll. Check out his thread here - he has some crazy skills!

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... p?t=104948

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:31 am

FInal colour coats and first light coat of clear are on the BMM JM - this one's going to be very nice I think!

Thought I'd paint a tele while I was on a BMM tip...

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 am

I can't tell you how satisfying it is to see my bodies made flesh like this with such wonderful finish work! It makes me want to make a whole roster of my proprietary designs in all the colours of the rainbow just to show them off! :D

I don't know whether I'm the only forum member to have met Jon and seen his work first hand, but my god, the guy has talent and is juat an all-round great dude. I can't recommend his work enough.

I struggle to think of anyone more dedicated to what he does, and to the customers and friends who make that possible. There might be bigger things to come that are in the works as far as a Deed_Poll / Rexter crossover, so watch this space guys!!
Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

my main man
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by my main man » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

If you don’t mind sharing, I’d love to know what you’re shooting color with. From what I can see, it’s absolutely flawless and impressive as hell. I’ve only done rattle can finishes but lately I’ve been contemplating buying a paint gun but there are so many options.

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 am
I can't tell you how satisfying it is to see my bodies made flesh like this with such wonderful finish work! It makes me want to make a whole roster of my proprietary designs in all the colours of the rainbow just to show them off! :D

I don't know whether I'm the only forum member to have met Jon and seen his work first hand, but my god, the guy has talent and is juat an all-round great dude. I can't recommend his work enough.

I struggle to think of anyone more dedicated to what he does, and to the customers and friends who make that possible. There might be bigger things to come that are in the works as far as a Deed_Poll / Rexter crossover, so watch this space guys!!

Damn Dan, maybe it’s the 2 sips of beer I’ve just gulped down after a long day in the spraybooth but you might just make me bust out crying :blush: thanks - means a lot!

Look... seriously, don’t let deed_poll put the accolades on me - you guys probably know it too but I think he’s coming up with hit after hit. Just beautiful of design coupled with a big measure of genius i reckon! Also he’s listening to plenty of my anxieties regarding this sometimes challenging business over PM!

It’s a pleasure finishing these bodies and I hope to work on plenty more. In fact the sooner I start to order some custom models from Dan the better!

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 pm

my main man wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am
If you don’t mind sharing, I’d love to know what you’re shooting color with. From what I can see, it’s absolutely flawless and impressive as hell. I’ve only done rattle can finishes but lately I’ve been contemplating buying a paint gun but there are so many options.
Thanks, very kind words! Flawless - hmm well as close as I can get in my current workspace. But I can still find faults!

I mainly use a 4-stage Fuji HVLP turbine, have two of them but need to pick up a traditional compressor too when I move to my new workshop so I can shoot flake finishes through cheaper spray guns.

I use stupidly expensive lacquer and thinners but I quickly found the cheap stuff caused more problems than the Savings warranted.

The Fuji system honestly works like a dream. The finish from their T series spray guns is pretty damn flawless. I get very little orange peel, minimal overspray and can shoot super heavy coats without runs. Also paint goes a very long way because the system is so efficient. Don’t have to worry about oiling a compressor, water traps and all that stuff. Downside is limited choice of spray guns - the cheapest decent one you can get over here is about £100 and the Fuji ones close to £300 a pop. They are worth it though.

With spray cans I always struggled to get a wet enough coat without runs, but some people do get great results with them.

I’m pretty sure even the cheaper Fuji systems would be just as good for painting guitars.

gishuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gishuk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:11 pm

That BMM is PERFECT :w00t:

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:24 am

Been moving into my new workshop for the last 10 days :wtf:

It's still a bit chaotic and have no spray booth but am using the time now I'm partially operational again to catch up with sanding and buffing...

First on the list to do today was this one:

Tomorrow I'll be starting the process of sanding, buffing and ageing Raph's Coral Maverick :w00t:

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 pm

That guard with the upper plate made from guard material is EPIC!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

rexter
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rexter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Do you know the craziest/coolest thing about it - which u had no idea about until today - the top section of the guard has magnetised screws in it that snap on to tiny magnets inset in the body! Totally took me by surprise! Another one of Dan’s unique touches.
It’s a battery compartment rout I think

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Man, Dan is amazing. I really hope his company takes off like crazy, or someone picks him up for design work. That dude is next level.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:20 am

rexter wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Do you know the craziest/coolest thing about it - which u had no idea about until today - the top section of the guard has magnetised screws in it that snap on to tiny magnets inset in the body! Totally took me by surprise! Another one of Dan’s unique touches.
It’s a battery compartment rout I think
It is 100% a battery compartment route, I like active pickups but think the traditional compartment route on the rear of guitars is ugly as sin. This was a great compromise I think, plus easy access to boot!
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen