Lefty Jazzmaster Pickguards?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
no-gaze
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Lefty Jazzmaster Pickguards?

Post by no-gaze » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:31 am

I've just recieved a Guitar Mill JM body and I tried fitting a spare mLaval pickguard on it---no dice. Are there any companies that offer lefty Jazzmaster guards that fit or do I have to go to somewhere like Spitfire and spend the extra $$$ on something I know will fit?

Footbutt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Lefty Jazzmaster Pickguards?

Post by Footbutt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:54 am

i've purchased AVRI spec'd pickguards from WD Music that fit.
You could try a cheapo one from eBay, and if it fits, send it to Pickguardian and he'll cut any kind you want.
"There's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster." -Dr. Evil

Amon 7.L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Amon 7.L » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 am

Some time ago I've purchased two lefty US spec pickguards from the bay here and I can confirm they fit:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jazzmaster-L ... CV3umRyyNQ
They're cheap enough to worth a try if you find something you like :)

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Honestly, it's a pain in the arse! Over the years have wasted a fair bit of money on guards for jags and jazzmasters which didn't quite fit right (even when people assured me they would - I guess I fell for the sales pitch). Part of the problem is that different body manufactures have ever so slightly different body shapes. The other part of the problem is that there aren't so many lefty options.

I've never used a guitar mill body, so I can't recommend anyone specifically. In my experience I've usually had to go down the custom route to get something that fits properly.

If you find something off the shelf that works, please let me know! There are quite a few of us lefties on this site, and we share your pain when it comes to finding parts!

All the best with it!
J.