Jaguar Tone Control

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Schedule_80
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jaguar Tone Control

Post by Schedule_80 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am

I'm sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find it. I have a quick, possibly stupid question. I would like to remove the tone pot from my Johnny Marr Jaguar. I'm wondering what's the right way to go about this as I've noticed in wiring diagrams there is a wire from the bright switch to the tone pot. Would removing the tone pot effect its function and what, if anything, should I do with the wire. Thanks!!

joesnewmatch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Tone Control

Post by joesnewmatch » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Curious for any responses. Other than weight, my only gripe about the Marr-Guar is the electronics pots. 10-9 = good; 8-1 not so good.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Tone Control

Post by Danley » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:50 pm

I don't want to speculate too much about removing the tone without looking again at a diagram, but...

If the tone control bothers you from 1-8 it could be due to the resistor that's wired in on most Jaguars; this causes a volume drop below about 7/8 on the dial (on purpose.) You can replace this with a piece of wire to easily get rid of it.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!