VM Jaguar w/ Dano Lipsticks

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
stompbox
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: VM Jaguar w/ Dano Lipsticks

Post by stompbox » Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 pm

A long overdue update on my Jagelectro project for those who were following along:

- the concentric pots didn't work with the cosmetics of the guitar and kind of annoyed me, so I wired up new 100K pots with 1M resistors and .1uF caps to simulate the tone pots at full. Knobs were from my parts bin and if you look closely are slightly mismatched - I know, I'm on a budget.
- restored the original slider switches. I have no need for a strangle switch and really wanted to keep true to the original Danelectro wiring, so the switches are now bridge (up=on) neck (up=on) and both (both switches down) - it's a little counter intuitive as Danelectros use a on-off-on toggle switch for pickup selection. This way I'm able to easily accommodate the series pickup wiring when both pickups are selected
- bought a used StayTrem bridge off Reverb - fantastic upgrade and lets me get away with stringing the guitar up with 10-52s without any string buzz.

Still on the to-do list:
- refinish the body and headstock (going with reliced black over white, chalk paint)
- cut a new nut and tweak the setup a bit