Silver aluminum guard for squire vintage modified jaguar

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
TLFA
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Silver aluminum guard for squire vintage modified jaguar

Post by TLFA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Looking for one with the exception of that I want to forego the pickup selector plate and just mount right on the guard. A tele 3 way style switch. Sideways of course. Anyone know of a good custom source for this?

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Silver aluminum guard for squire vintage modified jaguar

Post by Embenny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:52 pm

So you want an actual silver aluminum jag pickguard cut with the rhythm circuit plate there, but the lead circuit plate deleted and a telecaster switch mounted straight to the pickguard where it used to be?

Only option I'm aware of would be tone-guard's custom order process, though to be frank, I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out for that for a Squier. The pickguard might end up costing 30% as much as the original guitar or more.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

TLFA
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Silver aluminum guard for squire vintage modified jaguar

Post by TLFA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:48 pm

mbene085 wrote:So you want an actual silver aluminum jag pickguard cut with the rhythm circuit plate there, but the lead circuit plate deleted and a telecaster switch mounted straight to the pickguard where it used to be?

Only option I'm aware of would be tone-guard's custom order process, though to be frank, I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out for that for a Squier. The pickguard might end up costing 30% as much as the original guitar or more.

Yes and yes. I'm looking for cheaper option then toneguard. I only paid 200 for it with antiquity 2s and I have a mastery thrown now so I'm not too concerned about the money but I do think toneguard is pretty expensive.