Here is an update -
The white guitar have now been used for gigs, Someone is currently touring with it. (It´s an awful pic I know, but only one i found)
This have given me some feedback and I will by the beginning of next year start to build a new prototype.
- There is an issue with the upper horn, I think it´s to dominant so that´s gotta change.
- I´ll also alter the shape of the pickguard as well.
- A new headstock design, somewhere in between the two versions.
- I´ll try to fit a tonecontrol and work a bit with the layout of the switches.
- No more strat-tremolos, maybe a bigsby or something, but next build will be "short-tele-toploader" as on the red one.
The red guitar is close to ready, Need to put on Steinberger tuners, fasten some things and make a nut, so it´s real close, but I lack the energy to do some serious work with it, So Í´ll just finish the build and then get one with the next one as fast as I can.
Size compared to a more wellknown design
I really prefer the "fender" vibe to the "gibson" vibe - I think the white one looks a lot better, So future builds will probably be in that direction, but I will
try to get some design elements of the headstock from the red one into it..
Also, Here is a few buildpics for the red one, in no particular order. The main difference is the neck. Walnut with a angled headstock.
And as seen on previous page, I managed to drop the headstock on the ground and made a real mess of it. It´s kind of repaired, Kind of!