New Halon Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Halon Bridge

Post by Embenny » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:03 am

You replied to Lost In Autumn entirely in the form of a quote from "me," when none of it was anything I said.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm

mbene085 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:03 am
You replied to Lost In Autumn entirely in the form of a quote from "me," when none of it was anything I said.
Sorry my posting skills suck:) But these are some of your quotes (correct me if I'm wrong)

... at least they had online storefronts and secure PayPal payment.

All of Halon's sales are through secure paypal transactions.

... But like you said, it means they're not serious about running this as a business.

They surely are serious about being in business, but their priority is making great trems, and they are selling them as fast as they can make them.

...If I could see Halon's prices and order securely, I'd be considering them too.

You can, by asking them all of your questions through their contact page, and as I said, the order is handled through secure paypal invoicing.

They are expensive pieces of hardware, so I can see people worrying about dropping that much coin on a product with so little web support, and yes, I get why some people hate Facebook. I use it mainly to advertise my music shows, so it's something I get a benefit from, and worth keeping, but any question you can ask through Facebook you can ask through the Haon contact page. Not how I did it, but my ordering experiences have been so ridiculously positive with the Facebook page there was no need for me to.

Now don't get me started on some pickup companies I've dealt with recently :)

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Rockabilly69 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm
>be me
>email Novak with questions
>wait a month
>email again
>wait another month
>email a third time
>it's now a year later, the build they were gonna go in is basically done, and I went with Brandonwound because I was actually able to give him my money

I don't wanna knock Curtis, I've never spoken to him (which was the whole issue), so I'm not gonna make any character judgement. Just seems to me like if you're selling a product, you want your customers to have answers to their questions so they'll buy stuff.

Honestly the thing that bugs me about Halon is that I want some sort of price list that lets me ballpark the cost of the parts I want because I know they're busy folks and I don't wanna waste an hour of their day asking questions when I don't know if I can afford it. Hell, with this kind of thing I'd rather order over the phone and get invoiced for it later to make sure that every detail I need is ironed out and acknowledged, but I can't tell if I want their gear or not because I don't know how much it costs.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:40 pm
>be me
>wait a month
>email again
>wait another month
>email a third time
>it's now a year later, the build they were gonna go in is basically done, and I went with Brandonwound because I was actually able to give him my money

I don't wanna knock Curtis, I've never spoken to him (which was the whole issue), so I'm not gonna make any character judgement. Just seems to me like if you're selling a product, you want your customers to have answers to their questions so they'll buy stuff.
Even more fun not receiving any replies when you've already paid for sets of pickups and have no idea if he's even got your order, and would just like a ballpark estimate of when they might be shipped out. Ask me how I know....
HarlowTheFish wrote:
Honestly the thing that bugs me about Halon is that I want some sort of price list that lets me ballpark the cost of the parts I want because I know they're busy folks and I don't wanna waste an hour of their day asking questions when I don't know if I can afford it. Hell, with this kind of thing I'd rather order over the phone and get invoiced for it later to make sure that every detail I need is ironed out and acknowledged, but I can't tell if I want their gear or not because I don't know how much it costs.
This is the stupidest part - they actually have a website they're paying some small amount of money to keep hosted - it just serves no useful purpose whatsoever for potential customers.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:35 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Rockabilly69 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm
>be me
>wait a month
>email again
>wait another month
>email a third time

I copied this out of my Facebook messages from Halon...

Halon Offset Bridge options and prices

Bridges in 1060 steel, MS 58 brass and 7075 aluminium and in either 52.5mm or 55.5mm String spacing

Also both rocking and non rocking options

1060 steel gives a crystal clear bright and balanced tone

MS 58 brass gives a full rich and warm tone

7075 aluminium gives an airy woody and percussive tone

1060 steel bridge costs 150 euros

Ms 58 brass 160 euros

7075 aluminium 155 euros

Vibrato costs 140 euros

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:37 pm

Sorry that this thread derailed partially.
If it‘s via paypal-invoices it should be perfectly fine...except for having to have a FB-account!
But a nonfunctional homepage is still a bit of a no go.
Concerning pickups: I had the same thing with David Barfuss. I was uncertain what to take (HB-sized P90s or JM PUs for my Thinline Jag - or actual Jag PUs with an alternative cover. He never replied. And this is so frustrating!
I really wanted to know his opinion - to take his advice... but nothing at all!
So I ordered from Q-pickups again... perfect communication and once ordered they arrived within two weeks maybe even less! :)

wotsch
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by wotsch » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:01 am

Here is my Halon story:
I wanted a drop-in replacement for the AOM/TOM-bridge on my JMJM, could only find Strat, Tele and Les Paul parts on their website. So I emailed them and asked if they still make offset hardware, and if so, also the requested drop-in.

Haris replied instantly, giving me all the details and prices, just everything I wanted to know. And he explained why there is no web shop - I hope it's okay to quote from his email:

"we do make these,however due to high demand we haven t still open our eshop with all bridges as we try to keep the pace where we can handle it."

It's a matter of preference if somebody just wants to order from an eshop/webshop, I get that. I had to rely on youtube videos and older pictures of regular Halon bridges as I couldn't find a picture of a conversion bridge, but it looks just as the other Halon bridges - just with the holes for the drop in on the threaded AOM/TOM posts.

I strongly recommend getting in touch with Haris if you are interested in his products!!!

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:08 am

This sonic comparison of the different Halon metal options (also including Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge) popped up in my youtube feed yesterday ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZlJLg3jW7s
Jump to 14:58 for the results ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZlJLg3jW7s&t=898s
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:49 am

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:37 pm

So I ordered from Q-pickups again... perfect communication and once ordered they arrived within two weeks maybe even less! :)
I'll derail it further and mention that the gentleman at Q pickups got a custom order to me in a single week, and it was going from Croatia to the middle of the States. I cannot speak too highly about that experience or the pickups themselves.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

wotsch
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by wotsch » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:10 pm

If it‘s via paypal-invoices it should be perfectly fine...except for having to have a FB-account!
Concerning pickups: I had the same thing with David Barfuss. I was uncertain what to take (HB-sized P90s or JM PUs for my Thinline Jag - or actual Jag PUs with an alternative cover. He never replied. And this is so frustrating!
May I ask which pickups you decided to order? Thinking about Q-Pickups AS well... Thanks a lot!

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:10 pm

timtam wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:08 am
This sonic comparison of the different Halon metal options (also including Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge) popped up in my youtube feed yesterday ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZlJLg3jW7s
Jump to 14:58 for the results ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZlJLg3jW7s&t=898s
Interesting.

I found the steel bridge sounded the best, closely followed by the bronze-phosphor.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 am

wotsch wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:10 pm
May I ask which pickups you decided to order? Thinking about Q-Pickups AS well... Thanks a lot!
I ordered "the most Jag- alike-Strat sized Pickups" in an open Metal frame. Still waiting on the HERAD pickguard package (which has finally cleared customs after 3 weeks without movement and should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to hear them! Could be that I have to order the same set with a black vulcanized fibre instead of the white ones as it might be too little of a difference to the Jag Covers to me... but let's see how they sound and interact with my Fuzzes and Amps...

Halon guitar parts
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Halon guitar parts » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:16 am

hi to everyone!i know it is out of time but i d like to put some things in order...
first of all,let me thank all of you or almost all...
i really appreciate all the comments as i believe even negative comments are much of a help as these spot our weakness and help us improve
i m not going to use excuses and i really understand the point of view of the people who talk about our site.these 3 last years were really tough but this shouldn t care anyone who wants to see a proper ehsop-site.
however there is a certain person,who for some reason which i really don t know keeps lying...so please say any comment you like and i ll gladly accept it and try to improve,but saying that i asked personal details like credit card or else just make me think that this person have his reasons which are really shady.
i would never do this,every single person who talk with me know that even with paypal i don t accept payments as friend and family(eventhough,quite a few people proposed me this in order to avoid fees and i really thank these guys for their trust)as i want people to feel secure when they have to do with Halon.i just do what i d like others to do for me..
our new site-eshop is now on,so any comments(even the negative,or to better put it...especially the negative)would be a great help!
thank you guys
Haris

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Good to hear from you directly Haris! And welcome to OSG :)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Halon guitar parts wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:16 am
hi to everyone!i know it is out of time but i d like to put some things in order...
first of all,let me thank all of you or almost all...
i really appreciate all the comments as i believe even negative comments are much of a help as these spot our weakness and help us improve
i m not going to use excuses and i really understand the point of view of the people who talk about our site.these 3 last years were really tough but this shouldn t care anyone who wants to see a proper ehsop-site.
however there is a certain person,who for some reason which i really don t know keeps lying...so please say any comment you like and i ll gladly accept it and try to improve,but saying that i asked personal details like credit card or else just make me think that this person have his reasons which are really shady.
i would never do this,every single person who talk with me know that even with paypal i don t accept payments as friend and family(eventhough,quite a few people proposed me this in order to avoid fees and i really thank these guys for their trust)as i want people to feel secure when they have to do with Halon.i just do what i d like others to do for me..
our new site-eshop is now on,so any comments(even the negative,or to better put it...especially the negative)would be a great help!
thank you guys
Haris
Hello!

It is always good to hear direct from the manufacturers themselves rather than us trying to speculate/argue among ourselves. It is true these last few years have been crazy. I don't think anyone was lying about things, more a miscommunication.

Not having to use Facebook is a massive bonus, and will surely result in more orders (and trust). I just took a look at your new e-store and it seems nicely laid out. It would be good to list what the different bridge saddle materials achieve in sound in the description I think when you next update it :)
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?