Duncan JM Ant II's are not noise cancelling (middle pos)

For help with setups and other technical issues.
DFiasco
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Duncan JM Ant II's are not noise cancelling (middle pos)

Post by DFiasco » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:21 am

tammyw wrote:I think that's part of the charm of the Antiquities, they're all wound a little different, you're never sure exactly what you'll get.
I could embrace the surprise aspect more, but the wiring where I live is from the early 60s and the hum is maddening. :( I LOVE single-coil pickups, so I really count on the middle position being some relief from the hum.

mike fried
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Duncan JM Ant II's are not noise cancelling (middle pos)

Post by mike fried » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:20 am

mike fried wrote:I can verify that SD does indeed have an issue with some of these JM pickups. Just today I installed a pair of SD Ant IIs in my AV65 JM, and the "neck" pickup I got was definitely NOT RWRP. On top of that, it was wound to 8.9K, about 0.6K hotter than the "bridge" pickup I got. What I think happened was that someone there mistakenly labeled some (perhaps a batch) of bridge pickups as neck pickups. Instead of going through the hassle of returning it to whomever would claim responsibility, I turned it upside-down (RP), reversed the leads (RW) and ran them through the (now bottom) flatwork's holes back into the eyelets. I then removed excess solder to get the eyelets as flush as possible to the top flatwork. It's now the "bridge" pickup and works great.

If you read this post and can solder (or know someone who can), this issue is solveable. C'mon, guys!