Mustang Saddle Question

For help with setups and other technical issues.
peterjh85
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mustang Saddle Question

Post by peterjh85 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:53 am

Hi all,

Happy memorial day weekend first off! Quick question for you all regarding my AVRI 65 JM. I've replaced the stock JM grooved saddles with the TUSQ mustang saddles. However, now the side to side width of the saddles is much narrower than the stock JM grooved saddles which causes a gap between each saddle. Is there a bridge base that I can purchase for my AVRI 65 that will provide no gap between the Mustang saddles? I assume I need 2-7/8"post spacing so this bridge would work and I could just swap out the saddles with the TUSQ ones I already have, correct?

Seems if I can get the saddles to be flush against each other it would also help narrow the string to string spacing as well which is great to get the high E string some more fretboard real estate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AY ... _i=desktop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!
My Offsets:
Fender Cyclone - 1x Vintage White, 1x Pewter
Fender Mod Shop Jazzmaster - Fiesta Red

bluenote23
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mustang Saddle Question

Post by bluenote23 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:15 am

I have a Thinskin JM with a Warmoth Mustang bridge so I measured the spacing between that bridge and the original bridge and they were both the same. So buying a complete Mustang bridge might not be the solution.

I did a little searching and came across a thread where one person says that the replacement Mustang saddles (he's talking about Graphtech ones) were made to fit MIJ JMs and don't fit tightly on AVRI bridges.

You might want to take a look at the thread:
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/2693/