"Regular" AVRI vs Thin Skin pickguards

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Gswearengin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: "Regular" AVRI vs Thin Skin pickguards

Post by Gswearengin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Oooooh, that looks fantastic! Absolutely vintage-looking, and a lovely combination. Happened very quickly, also. Congrats!

steze13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by steze13 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:24 am

Gswearengin wrote:Oooooh, that looks fantastic! Absolutely vintage-looking, and a lovely combination. Happened very quickly, also. Congrats!
Thanks!

Actually, you are partly responsible believe it or not. When you mentioned using a red tort guard earlier in this thread, I had already placed an order with Spitfire for a dark guard, and you got me thinking that yes, red might look better. So I sort of compromised and went with the burgundy instead.

So if it wasn't for you, I'd have a dark guard on there now.

So thanks!

PS: I'm very surprised at how much cooler it looks with the tort (instead of mint green). It's like a completely different guitar, and I feel the Spitfire tort was way worth it. Mark does a great job with these.

Gswearengin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gswearengin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, you definitely got the right one...and now if I ever get around to getting a Spitfire guard I know what to get as well! :)

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 am

Wow, I just saw this for the first time. That does look so amazing. You sent me a few pics a while back, but it was cool to see how you came about getting it. I am very glad I was there to serve you and it was a pleasure working with you. You really got a beautiful looking guitar and I am honored to be a part of it.
There's only one who makes the best vintage tortoise shell pickguards. Spitfire Tort.
http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/