knobs for solid shaft pots

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Rhinosaur
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

knobs for solid shaft pots

Post by Rhinosaur » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Hello good people of the internet!

Simple question, couldnt find a proper answer yet:
I own a BTJM and i busted the volume knob by doing a very very stupid thing which i'm not gonna tell. The thing is, in the third world banana republic where i live is very hard to find a proper witch hat knob replacement for this guitar (is the one with a little screw on the side), so i tried a regular strat knob but it wont fit, due to the pot being solid shaft., I´ve seen many users of this forum upgrade their BTJM's with standard strat knobs and i really wonder how they made 'em fit to the pot, what's the trick?

Which other knobs would fit a solid shaft CTS pot?

Thanks in advance and may Chtulhu fill you with glory and love!

Big tuna
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: knobs for solid shaft pots

Post by Big tuna » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:40 am

unless you use a set screw type knob you will probably have to switch to split shaft pots. You could ream out the inside of the knobs if there deep enough and make it work but if you use them a lot they will slip after a while

setyaback
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: knobs for solid shaft pots

Post by setyaback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:21 am

I think another option would be the jazz bass style knobs w/ set screw. They might be easier to find than the amp knob/black witch hat deals on the btjm. I'm going to link to some, but I can't say whether they are the right size for your shafts -- but they are set screw:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... 7Aodt0kA0w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;