just inherited a dead Jazzmaster & my wiring looks nothing like the diagrams

For help with setups and other technical issues.
mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: just inherited a dead Jazzmaster & my wiring looks nothing like the diagrams

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 am

Sweet Gretsch!
illumin8em wrote: Does anyone see a reason that reduing the wiring, and following one of the "fender" Jazzmaster diagrams would be a silly thing to do do? Since the guitar does not play right now, and i would not being harming any vintage, brand/maker significance in duing so. I do not mind it becoming a kind of frankenstein guitar to get it working.
I think that's a good idea, at least it's what I'd do. Looking at the wiring as it is I'd guess that it isn't original to the guitar anyway.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: just inherited a dead Jazzmaster & my wiring looks nothing like the diagrams

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:07 am

That Gretsch looks gorgeous. Very similar to one my friends just bought. Sad to hear it laying around unplayed. What a waste!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:10 am

mezcalhead wrote: .. yes, yours and Zhiv's posts were moved over from the Intro thread .. I mentioned it there but forgot to do so here, sorry!
phew... thought i was going crazy there ;D

mezcalhead wrote: Sweet Gretsch!
illumin8em wrote: Does anyone see a reason that reduing the wiring, and following one of the "fender" Jazzmaster diagrams would be a silly thing to do do? Since the guitar does not play right now, and i would not being harming any vintage, brand/maker significance in duing so. I do not mind it becoming a kind of frankenstein guitar to get it working.
I think that's a good idea, at least it's what I'd do. Looking at the wiring as it is I'd guess that it isn't original to the guitar anyway.

+1

djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:06 am

At a guess, I'd say it's a good quality servicemans guitar.
-=264=-