Sent three guitars into the shop

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Sent three guitars into the shop

Post by Jaguar018 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:11 am

I have three guitars that do the buzzy thing when you take your hands off the strings. MORE SHIELDING NEEEDED for the Strat, Firebird Jazzmaster (FBJM), and Jaguar. The other single coil that this particular guitar tech worked on for me pre-pandemic is the Fender Mustang in the picture below. That guitar is dead quiet, so I'm hoping he can do his magic again. The other guitar tech I've used has left things a bit buzzy.

Pickup swap for the FBJM. After some dismissive comments about even being able to tell the differences with new pickups I've decided to put my ears to the test yet again with some Sunday Handwound pickups that a few OSGers have been raving about. :whistle: Also getting a new pickup switch-- Gibson SG style.

The FBJM will also get its neck shaved down a bit. The neck shape is something that has always kinda bothered me about the guitar-- it feels a bit 'bloated' for lack of a better word--especially near the peghead. The guitar tech I took it to instantly noticed it as well-- which was such a validating thing for me if that makes any sense.

Jaguar's frets are also going to get recrowned. I haven't had any work done on that Jaguar since I got it new in 2008. Very excited to see how it plays when I get it back.

(Three in the middle)

DaddyDom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Sent three guitars into the shop

Post by DaddyDom » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:57 am

I am in LURVE!!!
I just spent 30 minutes reading all I could find on NRFB/JMs. What a stunningly simple and beautiful hybrid.

I have always jonesd for a really simple Firebird 1 and kinda liked NRFBs but ... not quite.

Maybe just seeing one with a BB fingerboard and that colour is all it took.

Man, like Baloo, I'm gone, solid gone!