Adjusting Height of Fender RSD Bridge

For help with setups and other technical issues.
FiestaRed335
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Adjusting Height of Fender RSD Bridge

Post by FiestaRed335 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:32 am

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I own a Fender CS '59 Jazzmaster. I'll post a picture once I get it figured out. Anyway, I recently changed up to .11 gauge strings. I adjusted the neck but would like to raise the height of the RSD bridge a bit. I've searched the forum and seemed to find posts saying that the height can be adjusted, but I have not seen info how to do it. When I put the allen key in the holes on the bridge, it seems to be spinning in the hole, but not adjusting the height up or down.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Adjusting Height of Fender RSD Bridge

Post by timtam » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:26 am

Is it the allen key that came with the bridge ? Pics look like the hex socket on the height posts is bigger/nearer the top, not like on vintage style bridge. Since the RSDs do rock you should be able to just lift the bridge out, like a vintage one. And then verify how to adjust the height screws ...
https://reverb.com/item/33661311-fender ... uar-offset
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

FiestaRed335
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Adjusting Height of Fender RSD Bridge

Post by FiestaRed335 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:54 am

timtam wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:26 am
Is it the allen key that came with the bridge ? Pics look like the hex socket on the height posts is bigger/nearer the top, not like on vintage style bridge. Since the RSDs do rock you should be able to just lift the bridge out, like a vintage one. And then verify how to adjust the height screws ...
https://reverb.com/item/33661311-fender ... uar-offset
TimTam!

This is it! I removed the bridge and sure enough, there is a smaller hex socket inside. I was able to raise it. Thank you for the tip!