Does anyone sell actual Classic Player Jaguar pickguards?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
digitalzombie
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Does anyone sell actual Classic Player Jaguar pickguards?

Post by digitalzombie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 pm

So, in my seemingly endless follies of ordering parts that don't fit my guitar, I bought this pickguard from Stratosphere thinking it would be a drop-in replacement for my late 00's CP Jaguar. I'd read on different forums that "American Vintage pickguard should fit fine." It does not. The holes for the bridge post fall almost a full centimeter short. I'm not interested in routing out anything at this point, I want something that looks nice. Actual CP Jag pickguards have a long slot for the AOM bridge, like this.

I've been searching for an hour for "classic player jaguar pickguard" and anything that comes up is either the HH variant or this three-hole design. Darren Riley doesn't sell them. WD Music doesn't sell them. Other than waiting for one to pop up on Reverb/eBay I don't know where to look.

jthomas
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Does anyone sell actual Classic Player Jaguar pickguards?

Post by jthomas » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:07 pm

DK if you can buy one pre-made. If not, you could try this:
https://www.pickguardian.com/

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Been down the misfitting jag pickguard rabbit hole too. Had to file a few to make them fit. There are too many variants. The best you can do - unless someone 100% guarantees a fit to your model - is to look for those pickguard vendors that include scaled PDFs to check pre-purchase, or at worst a diagram of measured hole-to-hole spacings. Even a lot of the cheap ebay vendors of generic jag guards do the latter now. The AOM/TOM makes the CP a difficult case though.

Of the custom makers, Pickguardplanet does seem to know their variants, and does have a CP (still suggest you check against actual measurements) ...
https://www.pickguardplanet.com/jaguar- ... ickguards/
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Debaser
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Debaser » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:08 am

On that note, does anyone have a scaled vector drawing or scan w/ ruler available for the CP pickguard?
50,000 watts out of Mexico, this is the BorderRadio...

digitalzombie
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by digitalzombie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 am

timtam wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm
Been down the misfitting jag pickguard rabbit hole too. Had to file a few to make them fit. There are too many variants. The best you can do - unless someone 100% guarantees a fit to your model - is to look for those pickguard vendors that include scaled PDFs to check pre-purchase, or at worst a diagram of measured hole-to-hole spacings. Even a lot of the cheap ebay vendors of generic jag guards do the latter now. The AOM/TOM makes the CP a difficult case though.

Of the custom makers, Pickguardplanet does seem to know their variants, and does have a CP (still suggest you check against actual measurements) ...
https://www.pickguardplanet.com/jaguar- ... ickguards/
Thanks Timtam, I'll reach out to them. I'd found their page earlier but somehow I missed the SS CP on their page… only saw the HH variant and figured that's why it came up in my search.

elliotthegreat
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by elliotthegreat » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:14 am

hey digitalzombie, any luck with the pickguard search? i'm asking as another ss cp jaguar player in the same spot of bother

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:30 am

Earl Pilanz on ebay uk (he‘s from glasgow) sells all kind of pickguard variants for Jaguar and Jazzmaster - all his products have an information on which they will fit - Mexican, Japanese, American, etc.
And he also offers scans that you can print and compare/try to fit.
And this should be the one you‘re looking for:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-Pickg ... m9jYxPUCDw

digitalzombie
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by digitalzombie » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:03 am

+1 for eBay user earlpilanz in the UK. With the cost + shipping it was still cheaper than anything I could find state-side. I ended up getting rhythm circuit-less pg for my JMJM from him at the same time. I think they came out pretty bitchin'. I had the have the Jag pg opened up a bit around the neck PU and bridge, but that might've been due to the aftermarket hardware.

elliotthegreat
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by elliotthegreat » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:11 pm

thanks so much guys, some truly brilliant knowlegde here, let this be a testament!
i'll throw up some pictures with how my 3-Tone SS turns out