Johnny Marr Wiring with standard rhythm circuit

For help with setups and other technical issues.
pondscum
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Johnny Marr Wiring with standard rhythm circuit

Post by pondscum » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 am

I am building an MJT build with vintage jaguar neck. I have mojo UK jaguar pickups and I'm looking to do the 4 way JM selector however eschew the bright switches and just use the standard rhythm circuit on the neck only. The JM Jag wiring is quite confusing and I'm unsure where to begin with wiring this thing up. On my Mojo pickups the claw is grounded with a little wire from the bobbin and I know this plays a part to some degree. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Johnny Marr Wiring with standard rhythm circuit

Post by timtam » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 am

Leave the rhythm circuit as is, except take the side of the rhythm/lead switch that sends the neck pickup output to the neck lead switch instead of the rhythm circuit (in the vintage wiring), and send it instead to the 4-way switch. Wire the 4-way as in the Marr. Skip the Marr's 2 bright switches altogether - just wire across where they would be. Separate ground for the claw is necessary for the series position (and out-phase on the Am Pro jag wiring).
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

pondscum
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by pondscum » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 am

Thank you. I think that makes sense. I think if I draw it all out it'll make a bit more sense to me. For whatever reason I'm having a hard time figuring out the 4 way switch.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:23 am

If you want to follow how a 4-way (2P4T) works this is the key ...
https://guitarelectronics.com/4-way-gui ... k-grigsby/
ie in position 1, A0 connects to A1, and B0 connects to B1.
In position 2, A0 connects to A2, and B0 connects to B2.
etc etc
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.