Pickup question, please help

For help with setups and other technical issues.
rat n' fuzz factory
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Pickup question, please help

Post by rat n' fuzz factory » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi I am trying to wire all these pickups, Bareknuckle Irish tour Bridge (actual bridgepickup), Fender Customshop Texas something middle (actual middle pickup) and Danelectro neck (a bridge pickup). My question is getting them all in phase, I had to reverse the Irish Tour bridge pickup, so it worked with the other pickups in phase, now the neck pickup is out of phase with the middle, surely if I reverse that it won't work with the bridge pickup? What can be done in this situation?

The whole guitar, Wilkinson trem and Showmaster neck

And yes I need to mount that pickguard better, I want the pickups in the same position as a Strat, but didn't check everything, bridge pickup is hitting the back of the route, and I like to leave a good chunk of wood there, with 2 post trem, so need another blank guard and move the pickup forward.
Its a great guitar Ive had it for years, with various different pickups, Japanese with conversion neck pocket.

the_devils_tool
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pickup question, please help

Post by the_devils_tool » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 am

I'm doing the math in my head - and I'm no expert - but wouldn't you turn the Texas Special around so that it's the out-of-phase between the lipstick and then also out of phase against the Irish?

How many times do you run all three together?
Twang, Reverb, and Echo - it's where it's AT!