Finally.

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Finally.

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:37 am

I think I kept spelling "artisanal" wrong over and over there. I don't seem to know how to spell it.

Maybe that's good.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:25 pm

That "Ozi" company that exists to collect clicks from facebook feeds bills itself as "artisanal journalism", which is pretty much the worst, most pretentious, and idiotic pairing of words I've ever seen.

Do people who only eat farm to table food take artisanal shits?
This is an excellent rectangle

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Found a cheaper beer than pabst, or even natural light. Hamm's is $4.49 for a 6 pack of 16 oz. beers. How's it taste? Like cheap shit, but I'd still take it over high life. Probably not worth a dollar savings over pabst, though. It tastes kinda chemically. Six of them makes you notice. Thankfully it's the cheapest beer the convenience store has, so I don't have to experiment any further.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Hamm's is good, but I tell you, you can buy 30 packs of them here for around $10.

By the time you get to beer 20 or so, you are pretty much ready to drink anything else.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm

I had a couple of high lifes on Thursday. They were good.

I have a couple tall boys of Hamm's in the fridge.

I like to play squiers, too, and farts make me laugh.

/Lowbrow

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm
No they weren't.
mackerelmint wrote:

Now you're cleaning with bleach! Tallboys, that's where it's at for me. I sometimes would buy a nice tallboy and push a kid around in the stroller until he fell asleep and I'd drink my tallboy on a nice summer evening.

I think those days are gone, though, since they are big enough to walk now and will eschew the stroller from here on out. And while I'm absolutely willing to walk around with my kids at night, there's a big difference between pushing a sleeping kid in a stroller around under the summer stars while having a cold beer and walking around the neighborhood with your children in front of the neighbors while guzzling a two by four.

There's a line there somewhere and I'm not going to cross it.

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 am
mackerelmint wrote:
No they weren't.
:D
mackerelmint wrote:

Larry Mal wrote:
there's a big difference between pushing a sleeping kid in a stroller around under the summer stars while having a cold beer and walking around the neighborhood with your children in front of the neighbors while guzzling a two by four.
I may or may not have been spotted drinking a tall boy while holding a leash in the yard. Leash for a dog, not the kid kind. I wouldn't put it past myself to have walked with a beer in a cup, I'm hoping I didn't roam the neighborhood with a can...it may have happened before.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:11 am

Larry Mal wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:
No they weren't.

>:(

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 am

I woke up to this today, from Earthbound Beer, nice people who make good beers but I'm going to use this to illustrate a concept gone too far:

Our Chinese Five Spice Porter with Coma Coffee is on cask today and it's delightful! Give it a try and shoot the breeze with our friends at Coma.

Now, I'm never one to wax too nostalgic about the good old days of masculinity or anything, but let's say that when we look back at our fathers working hard for us we don't usually follow that up with "... and then dad would come home and pick us up with his soft, pink hands that had never seen a day's hard work, and he'd kiss us, his breath still smelling of foamed almond milk, and he'd tell us about his day at the creative place he worked and how they felt uninspired so they played ping pong in the recreational area until they felt they could face Photoshop again. And then dad would open up a single bottle of Chinese Five Spice Porter..."

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:35 am

ha point, it's obnoxious. Not sure if my kids are going to be nostalgic for me coming home stressed from my desk job and smelling like coffee and then drinking a PBR tall boy, though. Drinking shitty coffee and pabst may sound more working class than almond milk and chinese porter, but I'm still just lower middle class and mostly don't want to spend much money on beverages. If I was rich or maybe if I didn't have kids, I'd eat and drink fancy all the time.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 am

Right. I've had hard, stressful and low paying jobs, and while I don't get paid a ton of money to do what I do now I love it and it's rarely stressful in any way. I'm as soft as can be, I even have been working with Photoshop today.

My goal is to always have a job so boring that my kids don't really even know what it is that I do, and would find it excruciating to hear about. I don't want them to see me stressed out. Fuck, I don't want to see myself stressed out anymore. I hated that about myself, did it for far too long.

Although while I don't want my kids to really know or care much about what I do, I do work at a beautiful and inspiring place and pretty soon I'll take a day off and spend it with my little Big Guy and I'm going to bring him to where I work, among other places. They teach languages here, and I'm trying to put some focus on that with him, so maybe if he meets people from the places he looks at on his maps and hears the languages I've been telling him about it'll be inspiring.

I'm basically monolingual unfortunately, although I've taken some language classes here and there it never really took. If I can know that my kids are learning other languages along with everything else, I can sit back and drink whatever garbage American lager or fancy coriander and bergamot ale I feel appropriate.

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Singlebladepickup wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:35 am
ha point, it's obnoxious. Not sure if my kids are going to be nostalgic for me coming home stressed from my desk job and smelling like coffee and then drinking a PBR tall boy, though. Drinking shitty coffee and pabst may sound more working class than almond milk and chinese porter, but I'm still just lower middle class and mostly don't want to spend much money on beverages. If I was rich or maybe if I didn't have kids, I'd eat and drink fancy all the time.
I don't have kids, so I often eat and drink fancy. But I also have no problem drinking a Pabst or similar beers.
High brow, low brow, whatever someone wants to drink is cool. As long as they aren't a prick about it, it's fine with me. People get too fixated on brand names and price as reflection of quality. Whatever product you want to talk about - beer, whiskey, clothes, electronics, guitars, etc. - there are high quality/low cost choices, low quality/high cost choices, and everything in between. Drink what tastes good and you can afford.

But.......I will not drink shitty tea.
Doug
@dpcannafax