VM JAG w/ TOM bridge: stock thimbles.

For help with setups and other technical issues.
balta
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

VM JAG w/ TOM bridge: stock thimbles.

Post by balta » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am

Hello fellas

I bought a used white vm jaguar online in good condition, mostly stock save for a THICK neck shim (I haven't taken the guitar apart, but it should be like a 3 or 4mm shim on the whole neck pocket) and a TOM bridge (unknown, most likely generic no-brand bridge).

The thing is: the TOM bridge was put tape around the posts and dropped in the stock thimbles, so that it rests as it lowest with no way of adjusting action normally. Action is not an issue, it actually plays good... But I'm not sure about that setup. I changed strings, and tried to intonate the guitar with little success. One time I adjust it, play for a while and check intonation again and it's a bit off on one string or another. Adjust, play, check and the intonation is off again. Adjust, play, check and intonation is good! Then I put the guitar aside, and when I'm back at it, intonation is off (WTF!?). I can hear lots of buzzing on the bridge, I blame the 2nd or 3rd saddle. I think is the intonation screws that rattle.

So, have anyone seen a setup like the one described? Experiences with something like it?
Thanx in advance!
Somos uno, somos hijos del Sol