Thinline Jag Feedback Issues

For help with setups and other technical issues.
scottydanger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Thinline Jag Feedback Issues

Post by scottydanger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 am

Okay, first off, yes I understand I'm playing a semi-hollow guitar with thin vintage output single coils. With that said and understood, what are some ways I can reduce feedback with this guitar? It squeals like a pig every time I boost the gain on my pedals. I'm playing a Moyer-modded Vibrolux with the volume always sitting around 3-4 when the feedback shows up. There's a 10-degree space I can move within to avoid most feedback, but I'd really like to be able to turn to my left and look at the bassist without squealing.

Should I consider fancier pickups? Not sure how big a difference that would make. Are there noise reduction pedals that help? I'm not playing heavy metal, just classic rock-level legato leads with a fulldrive. Not looking for any drastic mods, worst case I just start using my SG for leads, but I'd really rather not switch guitars when I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

gunlak
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Thinline Jag Feedback Issues

Post by gunlak » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am

Japanese fender jags are infamous for their microphonic pickups. I wax potted a set before on a burst thinline jag and it did the trick.
Jazguar

scottydanger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Thinline Jag Feedback Issues

Post by scottydanger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am

gunlak wrote:Japanese fender jags are infamous for their microphonic pickups. I wax potted a set before on a burst thinline jag and it did the trick.
Oh awesome, thank you! Do most shops offer that service? I'm in Nashville so I'm sure I can throw a rock and hit a tech who will do it for me, just wondering how common it is and how much it may cost (ballpark). I also have antiquities on the radar, having RWRP pickups would be killer since I almost always use both simultaneously.