another Rhythm circuit question...

For help with setups and other technical issues.
toma19
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

another Rhythm circuit question...

Post by toma19 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Hi, offset lovers!
I like a lot the use of the rhythm circuit on my jazzie, and i made a lot a web search to understand it, but i still don't understand why with the tone on 0 there is a loss of volume compared to the lead circuit (with also the tone on 0 of course). I know that the capacitor shifts the frequency peak of the pickup, but it seems to me,(by looking at the diagrams i find here or on tdpri) that the 0.02 cap of the rhythm should be a bit brighter an louder than the 0.03 of the lead. with the tone on zero, is looks like there's nothing else than the 1Meg volume and the capacitor, is the 50k pot still doing something?
Can anyone explain me the reason and what am i understanding wrong ?

toma19
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: another Rhythm circuit question...

Post by toma19 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 pm

ok, i've looked inside and understood that the 50k tone control is still there when the tone is on zero. The wiring is a bit different than in the lead circuit, and it's not just a question a values as i first thought: the signal goes first through the tone pot, and then to the volume. And with the tone on zero, the pot seems to act like a resistor in serie between the pickup and the volume.
I should have looked inside before..