Classic Player Jaguar Truss Rod

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Stinkersdaddy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Classic Player Jaguar Truss Rod

Post by Stinkersdaddy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:53 am

Hi

I'm new to the forum and I'm after some expert knowledge from those who know.

I recently purchased a Mexican 2008 Classic Player Jaguar and discovered the truss rod has been snapped at the heel. The neck has too much relief so will need to perform surgery on it. Now I have the skills to fix it, but need to work out a few bits of info so I can do that by the least invasive method.

I can see the end of the rod at the heel and a little part of it is protruding, which means depending on what type of rod it has I may be able to ream it out and chase the thread out. However there seems to be brass surrounding the rod that at present wont budge, my thinking this is either a washer that has seriously imbedded itself or the block at the end of dual type rod.

Can anybody tell me what type of truss rod these necks have in them, if its standard single rod I'll work out getting the washer out, but if it's a dual or Bi-Flex type, then it will mean a fret board off repair.

The other thing I can't find anywhere on line is what size thread the truss rod is , the broken section of the rod is stuck in the nut so can't work it out that way.Any help and advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers

hardtail01
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Classic Player Jaguar Truss Rod

Post by hardtail01 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

It would be a standard single action truss rod. You are most likely seeing a washer that, as you said, you can try to dig out.

Stinkersdaddy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Classic Player Jaguar Truss Rod

Post by Stinkersdaddy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:19 am

Thanks Hardtail01

I'll get into some keyhole surgery and get it out.