Problems Matching Jazzmaster Tremolo Arm and Tremolo Sleeves

For help with setups and other technical issues.
V_____
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Problems Matching Jazzmaster Tremolo Arm and Tremolo Sleeves

Post by V_____ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm

I've been having a lot of problems, lately, getting a trem arm to fit properly in my two Jazzmasters and it's driving me nuts.
So, both of these are partscaster builds and both use AVRI tremolo systems. However, the sleeves appear to be wildly different diameters between the two. One is significantly narrower, to the point that some different AVRI arms I have tried in it will not even fit inside the opening. I ended up resorting to a Japanese tremolo arm, eventually. Then on my other tremolo (which is slightly older) half the arms I've tried will simply fall through the locking mechanism of the sleeve and won't sit at the right height. So, I decided to order what is supposed to be an AVRI replacement sleeve (part number 0054471000) and that seems to be just as narrow or maybe even narrower than the small one! One would imagine it should fir with the AVRI tremolo arm I also recently bought (part number 0054473049)

To make matters worse, it seems like every arm I try is different. Some won't even insert into the smaller trem sleeve, some are plated with a different texture, some will slide into the smaller sleeve but absolutely will not lock in place.

So, what gives, here? Is there just no consistency on these parts at all? Am I trying to use the wrong part numbers together somehow?
www.shoepedals.com