Re: Strings breaking... (jaguar)

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 pm

So i just went and got some 12-56 DR's and put 'em on my Mustang DAMN they're good and there's no way I'm ever going back to 10's.
The sound is just so much fuller,warmer and muted is sick,anyway,I'd recommend them to any one as they have made my day!

:To chrisjedijane:
Every week?? fuck dude,i don't change mine every 6 months to a year even and they sound great.
Why do you feel you need new strings every Gig?
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:09 am

Because he grinds his fretboard along walls ..
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:24 am

that's something to do with it, although it doesn't happen every gig...

I find that if I don't change my strings before a gig, there will be a 8/10 chance that I'll break one during the gig (i'm a pretty hard player). They generally sound fine when I take them off - I just can't deal with strings breaking during gigs!

I keep all my old strings though, as they're normally only about a week old, and good for use in emergencies.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzking » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:23 am

Regarding flatwounds:

I found them to be less harsh than roundwounds, plus: they keep their tone longer -
(no dirt can accumulate in the "gaps" as would be the case with rounds). I also feel they
are longer lasting in terms if durability. I tried different kinds of flats and I recommend them highly
over all kinds of rounds. one thing you can't do is to scrape along  w/ the pick  (:-==) , but I
don't regard that as highly desirable anyways.

cheers, michael
Nobody exists on purpose.

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:21 pm

UHM! that thing has appened to me lots of time..especially during the first day of the high E life, I usually string my jazz with d'addarios .10..I've also tryed Ernie balls but it sitill happened.
After some  nights passed asleep I finally realize that with a vibrato tailpiece it's wrong to tune your strings separately..so now I first tune all of my string gradually to a good tension simply by ear and than after some stretching I start to tune each one...it seems a fooly thing but it works and my d'addarios .10 still rock after almost six months..and the previous set has lived half a year too..
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?