Size of the hex / allen wrench needed to raise/lower Mustang bridge height

For help with setups and other technical issues.
mjet
Expat
Expat

Size of the hex / allen wrench needed to raise/lower Mustang bridge height

Post by mjet » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:39 pm

I feel like a dorkus for asking this, a real "setup 101" question but it's Sunday night and I'm beat.

I sold my '66 vintage Mustang a few days ago and I need to get the guy a US-sized hex wrench to adjust the height (important, here in metric-land). I have one that I keep in a blister pack along with MIA Strat saddle height-adjustment grub screws and something makes me think that the Mustang will take the same size, but since I don't have the Mustang here I can't verify this.

I have a USACG Jazzmaster, but I think that in the rush to put it together a few months back, the bridge that I dropped in is a CIJ bridge since the US hex wrench won't catch those saddle height grub screws nor the bridge adjustment. But that's a separate issue - essentially I need to know whether I can, with any confidence, give this guy the hex wrench that fits MIA Strat saddle height grubs and not expect to hear back.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: Size of the hex / allen wrench needed to raise/lower Mustang bridge height

Post by fullerplast » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Yes, Michael.

The MIA $trat and the legs in the Mustang bridge should both be .050". I say this assuming you are talking about the vintage-type stamped $trat saddles. I know for sure they are the same.

But I've never had a recent two-point AM Std $trat with the flat cast saddles. I assume they are also .050", but that's only a guess.
Q. Are we not men?