AV65 JAGUAR CLUB. Show Your Baby, Tell Your Story. Pic Heavy

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

AV65 JAGUAR CLUB. Show Your Baby, Tell Your Story. Pic Heavy

Post by Spitfire7 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 am

Hey guys. I noticed that there are only just a few topics for the new AV65 Jaguars and that's not right. Not really many pictures either. Whats the deal? We spent all this money for our dream guitar just to keep it in hiding? Yeah right. Lets show these babies off. Show that beautiful sunburst. I love seeing the different shades and styles of the 65 lacquer target sunburst as well as the many variations of tort. Lets see that CAR shine and glow. Anyone have the new blue ice metallic yet? Tell your story here. I will start with mine. Mine is a Special Edition 1st of 46 and is actually #9 off the line. You can call Fender and they will look up your serial number to let you know which number yours is. Would be definitely cool for the person who has #1.

Okay, here she is when she first came into my life all messed up and not working correctly. Tremolo bar wouldn't fit here in this first pic. The trem are was too big and had a weird extreme upward bend more so than the common bend. Bridge was messed up, and the pickup was broken. Not to mention the case was broken too apparently. The paint was slightly off centered as well. Not a major biggie with the paint, but just kinda stood out.

Very soon after, I replaced the tortoise shell pickguard with my own Spitfire tort guard. A much more vintage looking fiery style.

I had so many issues and problems with this one that I had to send it into Fender for them to pretty much completely re-build my guitar in the custom shop. So Now I pretty much have a Special Edition 1st of 46 Custom Shop AV65 Jag. Pretty cool. I got the whole excellent VIP custom shop treatment, personal attention and conversations with the vice president of Fender, and a lot of goodies from their mistake. To christen the new Jaguar, I wanted to go with a brighter red and fiery new Spitfire tort guard. So I ditched the old one and in with the new. Here's the new version. Instantly I installed the new red tort guard. Loved it. Everything about this guitar was a thousand times better. Everything was perfect.

After only a week or so, I decided that I wanted to go with an even brighter red tortoise shell guard with less dark spots. So I made myself a new Spitfire tort guard, finally achieving exactly what I have been dreaming of, my whole life. Now its perfect! A dream come true.

Share your story and please post a lot of pics. I eagerly look forward to your personal experience and picture review.
Last edited by Spitfire7 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's only one who makes the best vintage tortoise shell pickguards. Spitfire Tort.
http://spitfiretortoiseshellpickguards.wordpress.com/

SoundFrog
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: AV65 JAGUAR CLUB. Show Your Baby, Tell Your Story. Pic H

Post by SoundFrog » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 am

This is a cool thread :) Great photos!
Check my band out at www.facebook.com/mojoharvest or mojoharvest.com

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 pm

SoundFrog wrote:This is a cool thread Great photos!
Thanks. Lets keep it going guys!
There's only one who makes the best vintage tortoise shell pickguards. Spitfire Tort.

otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by otis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 am

My guess is you have a club of your own.
Very practical in case of meetings...

Flatus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Flatus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 am

Wow this is beautiful :? I really need a pickguard like that for my 63' jazzmaster. I have the orginal pickguard for it and it's very nice, but it doesn't fit anymore. I got the original pickguard from a guy who was fixing an amp for me and i saw this sweet vintage red tort pickguard hanging in his workshop. I asked him about the pickguard and i told him about my jazzmaster and after a little talk he realized that my jazzmaster was his old guitar(Iceland is a small country). He told me that when he got the guitar, it had been in it's case in part's for over fifteen years and the original pickguard had shrinked over the year's. He spent alot of time to try to make it fit when he was putting it back together. But it was just too small, so he ordered a new pickguard for it. What a shame. So the guitar has had an ugly brown pickguard for too many years. My jazzmaster has a very nice aged white color and a red tort would be a nice match. Sorry about the long bla bla bla story. But that jag just look's like a mint condition real vintage jag, congrats ;D . Where can i get a pickguard like this one?

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 pm

otis wrote:My guess is you have a club of your own.
Very practical in case of meetings...
I guess so lol. I guess I am the only one super excited about my 65 Jaguar or the only one buying one lol. I sure thought it would be more popular than that. Come on Jag guys? Maybe I excluded myself with a niche item hoping there would be more people that would want to join the club lol :'( . I thought wrong I guess. There's still hope though.

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Flatus wrote:Wow this is beautiful I really need a pickguard like that for my 63' jazzmaster. I have the orginal pickguard for it and it's very nice, but it doesn't fit anymore. I got the original pickguard from a guy who was fixing an amp for me and i saw this sweet vintage red tort pickguard hanging in his workshop. I asked him about the pickguard and i told him about my jazzmaster and after a little talk he realized that my jazzmaster was his old guitar(Iceland is a small country). He told me that when he got the guitar, it had been in it's case in part's for over fifteen years and the original pickguard had shrinked over the year's. He spent alot of time to try to make it fit when he was putting it back together. But it was just too small, so he ordered a new pickguard for it. What a shame. So the guitar has had an ugly brown pickguard for too many years. My jazzmaster has a very nice aged white color and a red tort would be a nice match. Sorry about the long bla bla bla story. But that jag just look's like a mint condition real vintage jag, congrats . Where can i get a pickguard like this one?
That really is a great story. Amazing you found the original owner and guard. Can you take a pic of the guard please? I can make you a beautiful vintage style red tort for your jazzmaster. There is a little bit of a list, so I will add you to the list right now. Did you want your relic to fit the old vintage look, or brand new?

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 017493816 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

You could rename it AV Club.....

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Altar wrote:You could rename it AV Club.....
Good idea. Since I just made the topic, I am going to hold out for a little bit longer. If I still dont hear from anyone, then the title will be changed to AV65 Jaguar/Jazzmaster CLUB

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 017493816 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 pm

One thing... I feel like the biggest jerk for saying this, but I feel like the first tort was better suited to the burst. Not because it's a better looking tort, but the browner guard seems to be less distracting. The spitfire tort almost makes the guitar look too busy. That said, a darker, less contrasted spitfire tort could really improve the guitar. Of course, this is all a matter of taste. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it would be pretty cool to see a darker tort on there just for a comparison.

Also, I'm going to need some blue tortz soon plz. ;)

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Altar wrote:One thing... I feel like the biggest jerk for saying this, but I feel like the first tort was better suited to the burst. Not because it's a better looking tort, but the browner guard seems to be less distracting. The spitfire tort almost makes the guitar look too busy. That said, a darker, less contrasted spitfire tort could really improve the guitar. Of course, this is all a matter of taste. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it would be pretty cool to see a darker tort on there just for a comparison.

Also, I'm going to need some blue tortz soon plz.
Yeah, it is definitely personal taste. I have been drooling over the bright red tort since I was 13 years old seeing the old MIJ's. Now that Im much much older that first beauty that first caught my eye has never left my mind as being the most beautiful looking compilation of colors and beauty.

I know what you mean though with the darker color tort. I had this same thought with my start. I put a super red one on my strat and it just didn't look right. Then I put a really dark one and that didn't work for me either. I had to go with an in between and that was just right. I also find that with a sunburst its sometimes best to match all the colors with of the tort with the paint. Its good to have a tort guard that has a good amount of black, red, and yellow to perfectly match the sunburst. That was kind of like my very first tort guard I put on the first broken Jag seen here

To sum up, I just cant get enough of this gorgeous red fiery flowing hit lava tort! Yum

Flatus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Flatus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:19 am

Yes, he gave me the original pickguard. so i can send you a picture of both the pickguard and the guitar. what is your email adress? I think i might like a relic one but i'm not sure. Please put me on that list. I will buy one in a heartbeat, maybe two if that's okay :D .

Spitfire7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Spitfire7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 am

Flatus wrote:Yes, he gave me the original pickguard. so i can send you a picture of both the pickguard and the guitar. what is your email adress? I think i might like a relic one but i'm not sure. Please put me on that list. I will buy one in a heartbeat, maybe two if that's okay .
Two is definitely okay lol. I will be working on a new batch of tortoise shell material this weekend and following week.

actionhotdog
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by actionhotdog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:44 am

A real beauty.

65 avri Jaguar

otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by otis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:53 am

Yes! The club is a fact! :w00t:
Nice Jaguar! i LOVE the CAR on a Jag.
I thought I was saving up for one myself, but I think I'll get a Bilt Relevator instead.
How does yours sound compared to '62 AVRI Jags?