has anyone buzz feitenized their offset?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: has anyone buzz feitenized their offset?

Post by mezcalhead » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:01 am

Wiki pages on equal temperament and just intonation .. equal temperament was first popularized in the West by Bach IIRC.

FWIW I played a Feitenized strat in a shop a few months back .. it had exactly the same in tune/out of tune issues as a standard guitar as far as I could tell, although maybe it just wasn't adjusted properly in some way.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:23 am

it could have been that the in-store tech guy gave it a setup, setting the intonation the traditional way, and thus removing the Feiten system...

I'm not terribly fussy about intonation, and I've got a pretty good ear in terms of pitch.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DB » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:54 am

Pumpkin wrote: 3.Pressure in relation to chords is a big deal and you need to find the sweet spot for this to work.I get perfect chords all over the neck from nut to 22.
You are so right on this one.  I"m primarily a bass player so I tend to be heavy handed.  It is really tough for me to play a guitar with 9s or 10s without pressing the strings out of tune.  Of course, the problem is compounded if the nut is too high.

DB
IV, V, VI, XII...

DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DB » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:59 am

JazzBlaster wrote: ...a compinsated nut may help https://www.earvana.com/index.html
I actually find the Buzz Feiten system a bit confusing a perhaps a bit complicated.  The compensated nut like the earvana seems to me a more straightforward solution to the problem, which for me at least is mostly in the open chord positions. You know, the G sounds fine on an E chord but flat on a G, the B is fine on an E and sharp on a D. 

DB
IV, V, VI, XII...