Re: jazzmaster japan or usa?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Sun May 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Soiouz wrote:
Pumpkin wrote: all you will get here is biased bullshit that aint gonna help one way or another.
That's quite harsh. No matter what kind of argument you had with another person on this forum, saying such a thing is not very cool for this board and for the people that post here...
I think we both know what i meant dude,you been here a while as well so you should know what i mean.
:D

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 am

Pumpkin wrote:
Soiouz wrote:
Pumpkin wrote: all you will get here is biased bullshit that aint gonna help one way or another.
That's quite harsh. No matter what kind of argument you had with another person on this forum, saying such a thing is not very cool for this board and for the people that post here...
I think we both know what i meant dude,you been here a while as well so you should know what i mean.
:D
There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. Anyway, I can tolerate what you've said now that you've admitted it's bullshit as much as what anyone else's said ;)

Anyway, my AVRI is sweet, I haven't played any other AVRI Jags but I've had some CIJ stuff around, a JM, Jag and Mustang. The JM just didn't sing for me, though I didn't put that much effort into setting it up admittedly. The Jag was just plain sweet. The Mustang sounds great but doesn't stay in tune... None of them felt as solid as my AVRI, but yeah, the jag was awesome.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Mon May 21, 2007 1:28 am

FireAarro wrote: There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. Anyway, I can tolerate what you've said now that you've admitted it's bullshit as much as what anyone else's said ;)
well put :)

i think we all (including myself) should take a step back and mellow out a bit. it's obvoius that none of the two sides to this "conflict" are going to convince eachother that their opinion is the right one, cause it is all just a matter of opinion and taste. calling someone else's opinion bullshit is just not right, be it directly or indirectly.

although i think we all can agree that the trem unit and the electronics on the japanese guitars do not function as well as the MIA stuff, the other things (such as finish and neck profile) really are just matters of personal preference.

going back the the original intent of this thread, i think the best advice anyone can give is what jazzblaster said earlier; try them both out if possible and then decide. either way you will end up with a sweet guitar.

monk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by monk » Mon May 21, 2007 10:53 am

is there a consensus  on the best "vintage sounding" pickups? i'm thinking of getting a cij jag or jazz and swapping the pu's. i have a couple of old jazzmasters and i'd like something that has that kind of brightness.

spaceghost
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spaceghost » Mon May 21, 2007 10:55 am

is there a consensus  on the best "vintage sounding" pickups? i'm thinking of getting a cij jag or jazz and swapping the pu's. i have a couple of old jazzmasters and i'd like something that has that kind of brightness.
index.php?topic=4133.0

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 pm

I finaly got to play an AVRI while on vacation in St Louis. Said guitar belonged to Mr Rob Montejo from The Sky Drops. I have to say it was a damn nice guitar! Straight out of the Box you really can't beat it. But then it was a Jazzmaster  8)

David
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.