Floppy Jaguar

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Terry Wright
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Floppy Jaguar

Post by Terry Wright » Thu May 10, 2007 12:34 pm

Hey guys,  I just received a case for my 65 jaguar , off Ebay. Its in great condition but it seems to long for my jaguar. I noticed that cases are advertised Jaguar/ Jassmaster, Since the Jazzmaster is longer was there some kind of spacer put in the Jaguar cases to make them fit better?

spaceghost
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Floppy Jaguar

Post by spaceghost » Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 pm

i'd just go with a case that says specifically Jaguar.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu May 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Yep. From what I know there was a padded spaced that fit above the Jaguar head.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Thu May 10, 2007 1:17 pm

There's a thread here somewhere about those spacers, with pics and all....
spaceghost wrote: i'd just go with a case that says specifically Jaguar.
There's no such thing, as far as I know. Jaguars and Jazzmasters have always shared cases, as long as the said spacers were added for the Jaguar.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Thu May 10, 2007 1:23 pm

Soiouz wrote: There's a thread here somewhere about those spacers, with pics and all....
Found the thread:

index.php?topic=1777.0

spaceghost
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spaceghost » Thu May 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Soiouz wrote:There's no such thing, as far as I know. Jaguars and Jazzmasters have always shared cases, as long as the said spacers were added for the Jaguar.
Ah. I figured they were different. Suppose its true for RI's as well, but my Jag case has a little bit that's looks to be 1/3 the size of the ones in the other thread. It doesn't make the Jag head touch the end of the case.

Terry Wright
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Terry Wright » Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Thanks for the info. I kind of remember seeing that thread a few months ago I guess. I ran a search for Jaguar cases and it came back with so much stuff, like someone just saying" in that case", I gave up before I found it. So now where do I find some fuzzy orange fabric to cover the block I'm about to make? I am  thinking about making it from some sort of dense foam instead of wood.

Laika
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Laika » Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 pm

Soiouz wrote: There's a thread here somewhere about those spacers, with pics and all....
spaceghost wrote: i'd just go with a case that says specifically Jaguar.
There's no such thing, as far as I know. Jaguars and Jazzmasters have always shared cases, as long as the said spacers were added for the Jaguar.

I just had a look at my brothers CIJ Jag hard case and it doesn't look long enough to fit a Jazzmaster. The tab on the compartment is labled G&G, is this licenced by fender?

Just did a quick search for G&G cases and found another simmilar on a ebay auction (Item number: 190111225207)... Quote "Fender G&G brown tolex case with gold poodle plush interior"

Or are we only talking about vintage cases here?
Last edited by Laika on Thu May 10, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Thu May 10, 2007 9:30 pm

I think that might be a Strat/Tele case, just judging by the angle at which the Jag lays in there.  I think I've seen somewhere that a Jag will actually fit in one, but a Jazzmaster will not, due to the extra inch or so on the neck.  The short-scale Squier Jagmasters definitely fit in generic Strat/Tele cases, that  I know for sure - seen it with my own 2 eyes.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

Laika
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Laika » Thu May 10, 2007 9:44 pm

flatfiver wrote: I think that might be a Strat/Tele case, just judging by the angle at which the Jag lays in there.  I think I've seen somewhere that a Jag will actually fit in one, but a Jazzmaster will not, due to the extra inch or so on the neck.  The short-scale Squier Jagmasters definitely fit in generic Strat/Tele cases, that  I know for sure - seen it with my own 2 eyes.
In a way I hope it is a strat/tele case because I need a case for my Jag, I didn't like my chances of finding a local Jag case at a good price. 

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 pm

There's so much confusion in this thread....  ???

- I don't know if Terry bought a vintage case, but it was definitely for a vintage guitar, and because of the spacer aspect of the discussion, I think the topic is mostly vintage cases.

- If we are talking about vintage cases, or at least "vintage correct" aftermarket cases, a Jaguar will not fit in a Strat case, not because of the neck, but because of the shape of the body. I have right here a couple of Jaguars and a genuine 1968 Fender Stratocaster case and there is absolutely no way any Jag would fit in there.

- G&G is an aftermarket case maker that provides cases to Fender.

- The black case in your picture is the same as one I have and both my Jaguars and Jazzmasters fit in it. The Jazzmasters fit very snugly, but they do.
Last edited by Soiouz on Fri May 11, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Fri May 11, 2007 4:53 am

I think there is a Fender case made for the Japanese offset market or something. I don't know if it would fit a JM but I bought a Jag from Ishibashi once and it came with a nice hard case, I liked it better than the GG/AVRI case I have, not that I carried the Japan case anywhere, but it was a tad lighter and possibly softer interior.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Fri May 11, 2007 10:28 am

flatfiver wrote: I think that might be a Strat/Tele case, just judging by the angle at which the Jag lays in there.  I think I've seen somewhere that a Jag will actually fit in one, but a Jazzmaster will not, due to the extra inch or so on the neck.  The short-scale Squier Jagmasters definitely fit in generic Strat/Tele cases, that  I know for sure - seen it with my own 2 eyes.
I keep my jag in a musicians friend "universal" case.  Its a bit of a squeeze, but it works.
I prefer their older stuff.

spacecadet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spacecadet » Fri May 11, 2007 10:35 am

aen wrote: I keep my jag in a musicians friend "universal" case.  Its a bit of a squeeze, but it works.
How do you like those musicians friend cases?  I'm thinking about getting one of their "deluxe" cases for my JM to tide me over until I can splurge on a Fender case because they're only fitty bucks.  The reviews are kind of all over the place, but I like that they have tweed for that price!

Terry Wright
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Terry Wright » Fri May 11, 2007 12:56 pm

To clarify, yes I am talking about a vintage guitar and original vintage black case with Fender logo. My Jaguar wont fit in either of my Strat cases because of the length of the body. By the way if anyone could send me the exact dimensions of that spacer, I would appreciate it. I mentioned making one from foam to actually use, but would like to make an original looking one to go with it.