i know it aint a Fender but its still an offset

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
warreng
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

i know it aint a Fender but its still an offset

Post by warreng » Mon May 07, 2007 6:13 am

Im a HUGE Fender guy. I have a Gibson, but she is for show. Fender makes the guitars of my dreams.

but i have had my eye on one of these lately, i dont think i have ever heard anyone on here talk about these and i believe it classifies as an offset. sorry i can find an image...

http://www.chrisguitars.com/mcinturff-t ... rtster.jpg

http://mcinturffguitars.com/

whaddyall think?

spacecadet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: i know it aint a Fender but its still an offset

Post by spacecadet » Mon May 07, 2007 7:00 am

Looks offset to me... but it might be more cosmetic than useful.  It's such a small offset that it doesn't seem like it'd serve a practical purpose.

Still should qualify, though.

warreng
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: i know it aint a Fender but its still an offset

Post by warreng » Mon May 07, 2007 7:48 am

what do you mean practical purpose??? of course it would.

a store around here used to carry them. Long before i played a JM i played one of these and it is balanced perfectly like my JM and plays similar as well.
it also has the long scale, like a JM. In fact that was one of the things i remembered about it, it seemed rather big for a "small" looking guitar.
to me it seems almost more practical than a jazzy (or mine at least, as i am sure it doesnt compare to vintage) as it may require less maintenance(but isnt that why i got a jazzmaster, so i can constantly fiddle with and get to know it) and it is at a suprisingly reasonable price.

Dont get me wrong i love Jazzmasters, but McInturffs are sweet as hell and who plays them? Exactly, so i am sure you will get lots of compliments and original tone.

but they are two different geetars, with two different sounds. Both are very versitile (5 way switch on two hot as hell humbuckers)

different strokes different folks

on a side note: Derek Jeter has the worst hair cut in all of sports. shave yer fucking head! Jeter Sucks A. Rod