CS Bass VI Olympic White Just Arrived!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: CS Bass VI Olympic White Just Arrived!

Post by zhivago » Sun May 06, 2007 3:58 pm

starfish wrote:
zhivago wrote: great guitars, Starfish, welcome to the website! :)

I remember you from HC from years ago (I left the FX forum years ago) I was Zhivago there too, by the way

great pic of the '61....it's my favourite year for Jazzmasters...is thata pic from Rumbleseat music? They used to have a similar carpet they'd take pics on :)
Hi, yes I remember you as well!  I left HC quite some time ago too.  There were just too many off topic posts and TGP (the gear page) really became the on topic place to post about effects pedals, etc. 

The photo is from Rumbleseat.  I bought the guitar several years back from the store owner who personally knows Led Zepplin (or maybe it was the former band manager).  I told him I was looking for a '61 JM slab. The guitar came right from the John Paul Jones collection to me.  I didn't even have to pay an upcharge for a celeb guitar.  Not that the JM was used much.  I think it was one of his thousands of show pieces.  Anyway, I have dozens of photos taken since, but the Rumbleseat photo looked great and was taken on the case with the tags, a shot I never bothered replicating.

fantastic stuff!

great to bump into you here :)

good story on the '61 too!

I LOVE Zeppelin, so you get extra points for that!  8)
Resident Spartan.

John Taverna
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by John Taverna » Mon May 07, 2007 1:17 am

:o white?!? oly white!?! I must kill someone!!! >:( >:( >:(

;)...welcome starfish, welcome... :)

DarrelT
Expat
Expat

Post by DarrelT » Mon May 07, 2007 5:42 am

Starfish,  I had the same issue on my CIJ Jazzmaster with the cover.  I fixed it by lowering the saddles and raising the bridge.

starfish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by starfish » Mon May 07, 2007 8:27 am

DarrelT wrote: Starfish,  I had the same issue on my CIJ Jazzmaster with the cover.   I fixed it by lowering the saddles and raising the bridge.
Thanks for the tip.  Unfoprtunately, that would not have worked for me since the bridge cover was clearly wider than the bridge.  Carefully hammering the end bits inward with a rubber mallet worked perfectly.  The strange thing is the bridge cover fit both my vintage jazzmasters like a glove.