One that got away (Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster content)

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
reverber8
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

One that got away (Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster content)

Post by reverber8 » Fri May 04, 2007 1:50 pm

greets!

New member and 1st post here. I stumbled across this forum and the Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster thread while looking for pics and info on those guitars. Kindasorta a sore spot there. Allow me a moment to remember one that was taken from me.

I picked up one of these Jazzmasters for an insanely good price when they 1st came out and immediately fell in love with it. I'm a single coil and Fender guy and have owned many strats and teles over the years but this was my 1st and only offset so far. I named her Norma Jean after my daughter suggested I call her Marilyn Monroe since she was a blonde guitar. Norma Jean just seemed a bit more clever. The US Post Office had released a commemorative Marilyn Monroe stamp which I affectionately affixed to the front of the headstock thus completing her identity.

Life was good until 3 years ago when some poor excuse for a human being broke into my home and stole 3 guitars, a case full of microphones and 2 antique Japanese Samurai swords. Insurance covered my losses but Norma Jean and the swords were very special to me. My late father had brought the swords back from Japan in the early 50's when he was stationed there and as such are priceless to me. Norma Jean was one of those guitars you immediately bond with. Damn, I really miss her. I covered a several county radius of all music and pawn shops with photos and descriptions but never heard anything. 

The @ss clown who broke in stole the guitars off the stands in my living room but left the cases. I still have that blonde Jazzmaster case with the orange lining and the gold trem arm is still in the case pocket. This case sits in next to the American Tele and Washburn Cumberland Jumbo acoustic cases which were the other 2 guitars they pinched. These other 2 guitars are also missed but didn't hold the same special place as Norma Jean.

I didn't replace the Jazzmaster and instead got a new Fender American Deluxe Strat in tangerine and Taylor 314CELE in Koa. Both very nice guitars.  I still GAS for new offset but that was temporarily relieved by a Gretsch 6120DSW last year. This is my 1st Gretsch and man, I just love the bigsby. I have been looking at some Duo-Jets here and there to quench my new bigsby jones. In my quest I happened across a new American Fender Jazzmaster in white and after just a few chords I remembered just how much fun Norma Jean was. Now my GAS is even worse with both Jet Bigsby and Jazzmaster afflictions.

I'm a firm believer in what we do comes back to us and with that I know that the scum that did this lousy thing shall have his just due for stealing something as special as a cherished guitar. I find some comfort and solace in that. Now if i could just find Norma Jean again.

Sorry about the long post. Nice place you got here. I'm sure I'll feel at home but I really do need another Jazzmaster.

reverber8

www.greatbignoise.net
"hey, careful man there's a beverage here"
the dude

berlinbetty
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: One that got away (Japanese Limited Edition Blonde Jazzmaster content)

Post by berlinbetty » Fri May 04, 2007 2:55 pm

Welcome, Mark.  That's some story!  Damn shame about those swords.  I think ass clown doesn't begin to describe whoever did that.  I believe what goes around comes around too and, hopefully, his ass is involved in whatever comes around! :D
One more guitar, then I'll practice!