Is your offset your main guitar?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.

Is your offset your main guitar, or is it 2nd or 3rd place to something else?

#1, my main guitar
78%
10%
3%
#...err....I lost count of my guitars
9%

Total votes: 69

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Is your offset your main guitar?

Post by zhivago » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:43 am

for me, my '61 Jazzmaster is my main guitar, and the one I'm most comfortable playing....we've gotten to know each other pretty well in the past year or so I've owned it :)
Resident Spartan.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Is your offset your main guitar?

Post by chrisjedijane » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:50 am

My Jazzmaster's been my main guitar since I got it (I'll have it a year tomorrow!). My main guitar used to be a gibson SG, and i still play the odd gig with it, but the JM's pretty much always my main choice.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:59 am

both my CIJ jazzmaster and my goldguard partsmaster are my #1, i really can't say which one i play the most.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:07 am

Its my #1 favourite but, at the moment I'm playing my acoustic more so I guess my Offset is second at the mo.

Can't wait to take it up to Leeds with me & plug it into a proper amp. It may well become #1 after that.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Gesekki
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Gesekki » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:15 am

My Strat was my no.1, but is currently in for a refret. With the JM being the nearest alternative I have, I've started using it for all the same sounds and it's done an excellent job.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:33 am

I just got a jazzmaster after years of wanting one and actually keeping it. Before then I had played a lot of them but just never could justify buying one seeing as I never felt like I was good enough to own one. Now I have one and even now I feel as though I don't NEED it.

My jazzmaster is a fun guitar but I'm not in love with it yet. My Tele plus is still my favorite sounding and playing guitar I have ever owned/played. Both guitars are awesome, I just need to get more acquainted with my jazzmaster.

djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:12 am

My Jag is the one I reach for, though I love my other guitars too.
-=264=-

fenderjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fenderjeff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:38 am

my JM is my main guitar with my main band, but it's not the best guitar for my other band in witch i play LP-likes
That's some bad hat, Harry

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 am

The black '64 JM is my main guitar no matter what, it seems. I intended to use my '69 for the band I'm in, however the pots have gone dodgy, so the '64 claimed its rightful place in that band as well. The jag is my first choice as a back-up, which, given how I've been breaking a lot of strings in that band, means I usually play half the set on that one.

So yes, my offset is my #1, but my #2 and #3 are also offsets. In fact, all my working electrics are offsets (as are some of my non-working guitars).
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

Yannic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Yannic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:05 am

My jazzmaster has been my no #1 ever since I got it. My previous no 1, my strat, was in dire need of pickup replacements and new eletronics. Nowadays I use my strat as backup ( it has been upgraded half a year ago and is ago stage-wrothy) but my jazz is my main instrument.
Still ever once and a while I like to pick up my lp, just for a change :)

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:07 pm

My Jazzmaster is my favorite, but I play my Tele more on stage.  I also play my Strat more, only because I won't take my JM (Nitro)  in to nasty bars or outdoor gigs where it could get broken or otherwise F'ed up!  It's also pretty new, so I baby the hell out of it. ::)
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Daysleeper
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daysleeper » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Black 2005 AVRI Jazzmaster. Hands down the best guitar I've touched.

I've played many nice vintage Jazzmasters, jags, and XII's but this JM is THE ONE. I've used it on all of my bands releases, and will continue to. I had to wait about 6 months for Corona, CA Fender to make it...I was ticked, but when I got it it was a dream and still is.

My second used to be my CIJ Jazzmaster, but I am hoping my new AVRI Jaguar takes it's place...still waiting for it to arrive. :D

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Daysleeper wrote: Black 2005 AVRI Jazzmaster. Hands down the best guitar I've touched.

I've played many nice vintage Jazzmasters, jags, and XII's but this JM is THE ONE. I've used it on all of my bands releases, and will continue to. I had to wait about 6 months for Corona, CA Fender to make it...I was ticked, but when I got it it was a dream and still is.

My second used to be my CIJ Jazzmaster, but I am hoping my new AVRI Jaguar takes it's place...still waiting for it to arrive. :D
I'd love to hear some of your music. Any band with a jazzmaster in it deserves a listen. Myspace?

Daysleeper
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daysleeper » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:28 pm

I'd love to hear some of your music. Any band with a jazzmaster in it deserves a listen. Myspace?
www.thedaysleepers.com Free MP3's in the Media section!

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 am

Well, the JM used to be my main guitar. Although it still is, I recently got a taste for hollowbody electrics and the shorter Gibson scale....
I've been playing off-waists for the past seven years now (switching between Jazzmasters and Jaguars) and for the past year I played Jazzmasters exclusivly (during rehearsals and live gigs and studio)
I recently build a frankenhollowbody (Teisco EP-2 body + electronics mated with a Univox custom neck) sounds and plays really nice and mixes great with a Bass VI and the Jaguar from my other band members. I play in a instro Surf outfit (mostly first wave with Jazz influences, so the JM didn't always sound exactly right to my ears)
But since the Frankenhollowbody is not the most vesataile guitar, the  JM stays sorta No1.
Now I'm seriously considering a sorta hollowbody JM...but I want to build it myself.

for those intersted in how it sounds;

"www.thehydrosonics.be"
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"