Jazzblasters anyone?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
burker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Jazzblasters anyone?

Post by burker » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:33 pm

Just wondering who else has one, and how they got it (is it a modified AVRI, MIJ, or a homebrew partsblaster)

I'll start, mine was thrown together from a warmoth neck (given to me by my uncle, as it was to big for his hands.) and an Allparts body re routed (very poorly, with a drill and sharpened screwdriver- luthier I am not!) its got re-issue pickups now, and a TOM bridge. Its Black with a matching headstock (auto bodyshop finish)and the pickgaurd is cut out of the top of a large tupperware type plastic box, and has collaged images all over it, a few stickers are on the body, I tend to always personalize my guitars with stuff like that...

anyone else got one?
I have to say that the both pickups on setting is one of my favorite guitar sounds now! its very open and smooth and twangy, but noticebly different than a regular JM.
again I have no pics yet (camera theives SUCK) but if more people post. I may find someone to take some pics.

-rusty.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: Jazzblasters anyone?

Post by i love sharin foo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:47 pm

I am in the process of bulding one right now  :D. I have another thread here on it, where I have photos of my progress so far.

index.php?topic=85.0 

I bought a new Allparts body to use, but then I ran across a late 90s MIJ Jazzmaster body in surf green, so I'll be using that. I won't have it for a few more days though. For a neck, I am using an Allparts LRO with a reshaped headstock (shaped down into the correct Jazzmaster shape). I have a set of reissue pickups for now too. My bridge is an early 60s one and I made the pickguard myself from one ply black material. My trem is a MIA reissue. I wired it up with just a meg CTS pot for a tone control and no volume. The knob and trem/switch tips will be black too.

If you do geta  chance to take a couple pics of yours, I'd love to see it!

Justin
Last edited by i love sharin foo on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real