guitars you wish you never sold!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
burker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: guitars you wish you never sold!

Post by burker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:10 pm

mewithoutus wrote:
Naturality wrote: That finish is beautfiul!It's kinda like an inverted Antigua
haha wow yeah it kinda is huh? ive been looking all over for another one. they are hard to find, just like the cyclone II  >:( >:( >:(
yeah Ive only seen one of each of those, but the silver strat played really nicely, lipstick pickups would make it rule.

CaptainCrunch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CaptainCrunch » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:21 pm

Taking another shot at it, since Yahoo won't let you linky link.

I miss my Day-Glo orange Charvel Fusion. I am a big baby about it, too.

:-[

Pictures of it don't do justice to how ridiculously bright orange it was. It actually hurt your eyes to stare at it in sunlight.
I only paid $125 for it, and I would gladly pay $500 to get it back.
Stone Deaf In The U.S.A.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:56 am

i know a guy who has one of those! His is like a white sparkle though. It sounded immense, and while I'm not normally into superstrats, the neck on this thing was lovely.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 am

This thread should probably be moved to non offsets... i reckon.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

weijie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by weijie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:52 pm

I really miss my first electric guitar, an Epiphone wine red SG with Gibson pickups. I sold it cos it was a little 'top-heavy', which got irritating when I was playing. Loved the thin neck and the pickups! sigh...

~*blissedandgone*~
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ~*blissedandgone*~ » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:13 pm

-sigh- This is something I regret to this day. I got for my high school graduation in 1999 a 1957 neck on 1963 Olympic white and tortiose shell Duo-Sonic from Jammin' Jersey's in Northridge, CA for $650 with tax (and 70's hardshell case) and I played it until I got my Strat a year later. So in a fit of "I NEED AN ACOUSTIC!!!" I went to Guitar Center, played every acoustic I could and decided upon an Ibanez Artwood acoustic guitar (which I still own) that had not been priced yet. So I go get my Duo-Sonic from the car to trade, and they go for it imediately (I should have smelled something fishy), and I leave with a new Ibanez acoustic and a pack of strings and a strap. The next week I go into the store, and I see the same model priced $299.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost shit my pants....

BIGGEST regret ever. I have pics of it somewhere....it was nice. Never stayed in tune, but it was a sight to see....

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:38 am

~*blissedandgone*~ wrote: -sigh- This is something I regret to this day. I got for my high school graduation in 1999 a 1957 neck on 1963 Olympic white and tortiose shell Duo-Sonic from Jammin' Jersey's in Northridge, CA for $650 with tax (and 70's hardshell case) and I played it until I got my Strat a year later. So in a fit of "I NEED AN ACOUSTIC!!!" I went to Guitar Center, played every acoustic I could and decided upon an Ibanez Artwood acoustic guitar (which I still own) that had not been priced yet. So I go get my Duo-Sonic from the car to trade, and they go for it imediately (I should have smelled something fishy), and I leave with a new Ibanez acoustic and a pack of strings and a strap. The next week I go into the store, and I see the same model priced $299.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGGEST regret ever. I have pics of it somewhere....it was nice. Never stayed in tune, but it was a sight to see....

OUCH!

mjet260 - Musicmaster/DuoSonic fan club
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

~*blissedandgone*~
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ~*blissedandgone*~ » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:16 am

mjet260 wrote:
~*blissedandgone*~ wrote: -sigh- This is something I regret to this day. I got for my high school graduation in 1999 a 1957 neck on 1963 Olympic white and tortiose shell Duo-Sonic from Jammin' Jersey's in Northridge, CA for $650 with tax (and 70's hardshell case) and I played it until I got my Strat a year later. So in a fit of "I NEED AN ACOUSTIC!!!" I went to Guitar Center, played every acoustic I could and decided upon an Ibanez Artwood acoustic guitar (which I still own) that had not been priced yet. So I go get my Duo-Sonic from the car to trade, and they go for it imediately (I should have smelled something fishy), and I leave with a new Ibanez acoustic and a pack of strings and a strap. The next week I go into the store, and I see the same model priced $299.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!

mjet260 - Musicmaster/DuoSonic fan club
Yep... It had the wonderful nitro V neck with perfect worn spots on the fretboard. -hangs head in sadness....and shame-