How do i get my hands on a blonde CIJ JM?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Who Ran The Iron Horse?
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: How do i get my hands on a blonde CIJ JM?

Post by Who Ran The Iron Horse? » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:22 am

Acoustic Ladyland played the same night I saw the Spinto Band, supported by Son Of Dave. All three of those bands I first saw on Jools Holland. Would have been cool.
Don't you know that's sinful boy?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:49 am

Who Ran The Iron Horse? wrote: Acoustic Ladyland played the same night I saw the Spinto Band, supported by Son Of Dave. All three of those bands I first saw on Jools Holland. Would have been cool.
mad pointless fact:

the drummer from Acoustic Ladyland hooked us up with our new drummer, so I owe him a beer or two! :)
Resident Spartan.

Gustav
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gustav » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:01 am

Pingu wrote: I have something of a fetish for this color, but none of my local dealers(here in Sweden, that is) carry them.
Are they out of production, or maybe they've never been reissued at all? And no, i'd have to sell a kidney to afford a vintage, and most American Ebayer's refuse to ship overseas anyway. I have a vague memory of seeing some unkown band using a very new-looking one at a club a few months ago, but i was a bit drunk and it could just have been yellow lightning on vintage white...

Anyway, before i start to digress, my question is obviously if anyone knows where to get one. Ishibashi?
I guess my question is particularly but by no means completely directed at mynamesisjonas, since we appear to live in the same country.
When I bought my (3 tone sunburst) Jaguar I was told that they didn't have them in sunburst or white (to my great disappointment) so I had to chose some other color (don't remember which).

After a couple of days they phoned me and said that they didn't have the color that I ordered but suddenly they had sunburst and white  so I got the color I wanted from the beginning.

This was at Musikbörsen about a year ago. It might be worth checking out.