Just wondering?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Re: Just wondering?

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:02 am

I heard that he plays so loud, he has to hang his reverb units from the ceiling when performing to keep them from rattling and jangling!!! ;D  Too cool...Even if it is urban legend!
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

rockula
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by rockula » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:11 pm

Actually, the hanging reverb is no legend...I saw D Dale last year at BB Kings in NY and  the reverb unit was hanging on a bungy cord from an aluminum tripod at the rear of the stage behind the 2 Dual Showmans.........amd YES, it was loud!.

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:24 am

yep, it was hanging from the riging when I saw him at Cains a few years back. he played 6 dual showmans, amazing show I highly recomend!
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:27 am

Sure .. in fact, here's a pic from this site:

Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

Infliktor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Infliktor » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Dick Dale show was awesome. 

I had taken Sam the bass player out to dinner before the sound check.  He said I was in for a wild show.

Dick's 14 yr old son who plays drums and guitar  wasnt there which apparently is a good thing.  He was loud not earsplitting.  Tone was great. Powerful and the whole show was entertaining.

Good mix of his originals, a bunch of covers and alot of songs changed into more modern stuf like STP etc. pretty cool

If you havent seen him its a must. Powerful Show.  That guy has completely mastered his guitar.

Hes  (Dick) a little full of himself, but very entertaining. He played Sam Bolle's bass (Slacktone) with drum sticks as Sam held his bass out for him.

Daxx was the drummer Rick Nielsons son of Cheap Trick Fame.  He was fantastick.  Great three piece band