Ishibashi confusing right now...

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:39 am

Has anyone tried ordering from their website lately? After some fussing around I only found the three basic colors (3TS, VWH, and OCR).
I can't seem to find the block inlay models or any other colors for Jags and JMs.

Can anyone help me by either telling me the correct link, or just telling me how to find out which colors you can buy? Also, ones that will ship to the US.

Thanks everyone.

Chris
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Anyone?  :(
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

User avatar
NoFi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:30 pm

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by NoFi » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Email them and they will tell you.

User avatar
dinosaur
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:50 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by dinosaur » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:37 pm

They are very helpful if you just email them and ask your questions directly.  They will let you know what they have in stock and in what colors, and even take pics if you want.  The address used to be on their main page, though I haven't checked lately.

User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:47 pm

dinosaur wrote: They are very helpful if you just email them and ask your questions directly.  They will let you know what they have in stock and in what colors, and even take pics if you want.  The address used to be on their main page, though I haven't checked lately.
Yeah, some pictures would really would help me.

I'll give them a shout.
Thanks.
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

User avatar
JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9474
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by JazzBlaster » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:14 pm

I never saw those on the website, I emailed them and they told me what they could get.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

User avatar
FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by FireAarro » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Felix wrote: Has anyone tried ordering from their website lately? After some fussing around I only found the three basic colors (3TS, VWH, and OCR).
I can't seem to find the block inlay models or any other colors for Jags and JMs.

Can anyone help me by either telling me the correct link, or just telling me how to find out which colors you can buy? Also, ones that will ship to the US.

Thanks everyone.

Chris
http://ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/f ... jm6680.htm

Here it is. You can get VWH, OCR, 3TS, OLB, BLK and USB. (vintage white, old candy red, 3 tone sunburst, old lake placid blue, black, white blonde)

Jags come in the same colours except with FRD (fiesta red) instead of USB.

Block inlay models are no longer in their catalogue. Everything will ship to US.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks for the link and the replies.
You guys have helped a ton!

Are the blocks no longer available, or just not part of the catalogue? I wouldn't mind VWH with block inlays.
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

User avatar
FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:25 pm

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by FireAarro » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Felix wrote: Thanks for the link and the replies.
You guys have helped a ton!

Are the blocks no longer available, or just not part of the catalogue? I wouldn't mind VWH with block inlays.
I'm not sure, you'll have to ask them about that. They're still listed on the Fender Japan webite but Ishibashi took them off quite a while ago.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

User avatar
djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3951
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:55 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by djetz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 am

Ishi isn't the only place to find CIJ Fenders online.
-=264=-

User avatar
Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat
Posts: 2242
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Sauerkraut » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:53 am

djetz wrote: Ishi isn't the only place to find CIJ Fenders online.
why did you stop there?!

tell us more
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people in the world? - Stephen Fry

User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:56 am

djetz wrote: Ishi isn't the only place to find CIJ Fenders online.
Yes, please continue.
I know of guitargai, and even katana, but the problem is that the prices are a little inflated. Ishi seems to offer the best price.

Last night, at least through the website, I can buy a CIJ, and have it shipped here, for a little under $700. If there is another site, I'd be okay shopping some more.
Also, I just sent off an email regarding the block inlays. Hopefully, I can still get one. I'd like to have a Jag VWH or 3TS with block inlays. I hope it's possible.
Thanks again everyone. This forum is awesome!
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

User avatar
Naturality
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:03 am
Location: Over There, look! >>>

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Naturality » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:29 am

There's plenty of places for the UK, such as http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/ but I don't know of any for the USA or others, apart from the formentioned

User avatar
djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3951
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:55 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by djetz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:56 am

Well, there are plenty of Japanese retailers. I stopped there because I thought others would fill in the details. I found several when I was looking to buy, butI don't still have the links.

Personally, I bought my CIJ Jag through a guy in Japan that sells on ebay - there's plenty of as-new or slightly used CIJ guitars there, and a number of gaijin that sell guitars from Japan on ebay.
-=264=-

User avatar
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Ishibashi confusing right now...

Post by Felix » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 am

djetz wrote: Well, there are plenty of Japanese retailers. I stopped there because I thought others would fill in the details. I found several when I was looking to buy, butI don't still have the links.

Personally, I bought my CIJ Jag through a guy in Japan that sells on ebay - there's plenty of as-new or slightly used CIJ guitars there, and a number of gaijin that sell guitars from Japan on ebay.
Quite true. I know of a few ebayers that routinely sell CIJ guitars. My only gripe thus far has been that  a couple of those retailers overestimate the value of the guitar. That being said, I think I'll start keeping an eye on the sites for some Jags.
I'm sure I'll come up with something soon

Thanks again everybody!
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

Post Reply