New Fender Japan Jaguars & Jazzmasters...

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
regimentle
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New Fender Japan Jaguars & Jazzmasters...

Post by regimentle » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:36 pm

Do all the colors from Ishibishi (how do you spell it?) come with matching headstocks or just the CAR?

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Fender Japan Jaguars & Jazzmasters...

Post by JazzBlaster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:44 pm

it's ishibashi, and I think it depends you can get CAR and LPB I think the ones without painted headstocks come with green guards instead. I have seen some other colors from Japan but they are not listed on Ishibashi site.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I haven't bought anything from them for a few years, but back then they had a whole list of colors that weren't listed on the site. Some had matched headstocks and some didn't. I would try to dig up the old emails that I printed out from that time, but it's hard to tell if they still have the same coloring configurations now. They're real easy to get ahold of through email though, so don't hesitate. Koichi or Noriko usually respond and both speak english very well  :)

Justin
A death’s head ring upon his finger

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:10 pm

OCR and LPB have matching headstocks, the ones imported by GC don't, all the ones with blocks and binding except sunburst have matching headstocks, some of the colours not available anymore apparently (like OTM) had matching headstocks.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

batchainpuller
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by batchainpuller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm

i love sharin foo wrote: I haven't bought anything from them for a few years, but back then they had a whole list of colors that weren't listed on the site. Some had matched headstocks and some didn't. I would try to dig up the old emails that I printed out from that time, but it's hard to tell if they still have the same coloring configurations now. They're real easy to get ahold of through email though, so don't hesitate. Koichi or Noriko usually respond and both speak english very well  :)

Justin
Daisuke in Ishibashi's used section is also very helpful and courteous..

guinsu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guinsu » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:53 am

I just received a vintage white JM from Ishibashi with matching headstock.  I can't dig up the page it was listed on on Ishibashi's site right now, I do remember having to search by the model number, it wouldn't come up just by searching "Jazzmaster".  And I originally found the model number at guitarjapan, but they took down their fender page. At the time there were 3 JMs with matching headstock, CAR, LPB and VWH, all 3 with blocks and binding.  There was a lower line with more colors, no matching headstocks or blocks and binding.  I can't remember about the jaguars, there were a few more models of them.  I can dig up the model number when I get home.