Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Post Reply
User avatar
Velouria
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Velouria » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Okay... First shot is of myself from many moons ago and my then offset a Fender CIJ Jaguar Special which i bought from Ishibashi... As if there was not enough switches i decided to upgrade the pickups and add push pull pots for single coil sounds.

Sadly i had to let this one go to fund my AV65 purchase below...

Image

Image

User avatar
captdusty
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by captdusty » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:23 am

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
LHR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:44 am
Location: AZ, USA
Contact:

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by LHR » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:33 am

pad wrote:
LHR wrote:
MKR wrote:that's a great band shot LHR
Thanks!
hows your band called?
looks like i could like your music
Thanks. Be careful what you wish for!

We are called Surfside IV. And we obviously play shoegaze..er, wait, no...surf music. Here is a link to our FB page, if you'd like to become part of the hive-mind: https://www.facebook.com/surfsideiv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Mojo Johnson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 am

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Mojo Johnson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Image

Image

User avatar
soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1747
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 2:08 am
Location: middle of somewhere
Contact:

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by soggy mittens » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Image
If OSG has tort me anything...

User avatar
Thor not a viking
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Thor not a viking » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:07 am

Me onstage with my band, Kommunalt Svømmeanlegg, 4. july this year.

Image
My band https://kommunaltsvommeanlegg.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by loveinathens » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Is that a Blues Jr. Red October?

User avatar
Thor not a viking
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Thor not a viking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:40 am

yes it is a red october, I bought it from a closing sale a few years ago. Did not know it was anything special with it then, I was only looking for a Pro Jr.
Its the only tube amp I own and I'm very happy with it. Sounds great and is very responsive to attack and volume knob adjustment. Its loud for it size, soundmen tell me to turn it down when I set volume to 4. But yes after that it does not really get louder, it just gets more distorted.
My band https://kommunaltsvommeanlegg.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by loveinathens » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:40 am

Thor not a viking wrote:yes it is a red october, I bought it from a closing sale a few years ago. Did not know it was anything special with it then, I was only looking for a Pro Jr.
Its the only tube amp I own and I'm very happy with it. Sounds great and is very responsive to attack and volume knob adjustment. Its loud for it size, soundmen tell me to turn it down when I set volume to 4. But yes after that it does not really get louder, it just gets more distorted.
A friend left hers at my place long-term. It's a great little amp. Really loud too!

User avatar
lususnaturae
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 3:40 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by lususnaturae » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Not me, but a pic of my offset and my cat Chickens.
Image

User avatar
Bad Monkey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Bad Monkey » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:23 am

Image
Image

a couple from this weekends set of gigs at Kell's. I like three day weekends where we play three days in a row at the same venue. no tear down is sweet!

Image
bonus shot. that's our fiddle player, Alice Tilton. She thinks it's funny as hell to take the last tune of a jig set and rip the tempo through the roof.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:21 am

This is me in May this year, about a week after I left hospital from having a colectomy and a 2 month long, complicated recovery as an inpatient (hence the sitting down).

Image

A week or so after that, I was managing to stay on my feet.

Image

My hair and beard are shorter now, and I've put more weight back on, but these are my latest gigging pictures.

User avatar
MKR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 am

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by MKR » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:44 am

Sorry to hear about your health scares. Hopefully you're feeling better. That's a great looking mustang.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:43 am

MKR wrote:Sorry to hear about your health scares. Hopefully you're feeling better. That's a great looking mustang.
Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I'm much better than I was, but not yet 100%. I'm not entering any triathlons or anything anytime soon.

The mustang is really great. I bought it new late last year just before my health really went south so it didn't get played very much until this summer. It's one of the FSR MIJs they put out around the same time as there was the scare about no more MIJ Fenders being made. It's what they sell as an MG73 in japan and it's a great guitar.

I was thinking about putting up a thread about gigging with physical disabilities/handicaps/impairments, just to see who else isn't letting themselves be held back. I mean if it had all happened when I was 55, I might've said "ok, no more" but I'm fucking 23, I've only got six or seven years of gigging under my belt, it's too soon for me to give it up entirely. Especially when it's what I'm best at.

User avatar
Bad Monkey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Bad Monkey » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:10 pm

MechaBulletBill wrote:
MKR wrote:Sorry to hear about your health scares. Hopefully you're feeling better. That's a great looking mustang.
Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I'm much better than I was, but not yet 100%. I'm not entering any triathlons or anything anytime soon.

The mustang is really great. I bought it new late last year just before my health really went south so it didn't get played very much until this summer. It's one of the FSR MIJs they put out around the same time as there was the scare about no more MIJ Fenders being made. It's what they sell as an MG73 in japan and it's a great guitar.

I was thinking about putting up a thread about gigging with physical disabilities/handicaps/impairments, just to see who else isn't letting themselves be held back. I mean if it had all happened when I was 55, I might've said "ok, no more" but I'm fucking 23, I've only got six or seven years of gigging under my belt, it's too soon for me to give it up entirely. Especially when it's what I'm best at.
start the thread, I've played with a few peeps that had challenges the rest of the band didn't have to deal with.It's worth sharing how others got past the hurdles if only to get ideas to try out.
FWIW, as you get older and put more miles in the rearview playing out gets more important. I'm in my later 40's now and would die if I couldn't play out anymore.

Post Reply