Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
Bandarra
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:54 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Bandarra » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 am

And i see now there black witch. I never liked that ranaldo signature but with that simple change you turned it into an amazingly beautiful guitar. Funny how a simple change of knobs can modify so much the looks of the guitar.
Congratulations

User avatar
Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:14 am
Location: fROMOHIO

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Bandarra wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 am
And i see now there black witch. I never liked that ranaldo signature but with that simple change you turned it into an amazingly beautiful guitar. Funny how a simple change of knobs can modify so much the looks of the guitar.
Congratulations
Thanks! With the addition of a set of Novaks, the tone pot, some fret dressing, a Mastery bridge, & a bone nut, it's become my favorite JM for a few years ;D

User avatar
kgbAttack
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 am
Location: Europe

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by kgbAttack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 am

Not a photo - I hope that this is allowed :)

Yesterday I recorded for the first time my AVRI '62 Jag tuned to Eb using the Two Notes Torpedo Captor connected to a Focusrite 2i4 via XLR cable. I used the cab sim in the Loadbox (haven't tried the plugin yet). I did two rhythmic parts using both the bass cab sim and the guitar cab sim (much brighter). Then used the bass cab sim for the solo. I'm pleased with the results considering I am a total amateur at recording!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Brn82LlBhC7/

User avatar
SadFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by SadFuzz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:26 am
NateD81 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm


That shell pink is amazing!
it aint shell pink. it just looks that way in the light.
Image

i need to get more good pictures of the colour. the problem with the lighting in my house is it's blinding white or yellow.
Is that a mustang bridge installed backwards?
If everything is possible, why do anything? -J Mascis

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm

SadFuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:26 am
NateD81 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm


That shell pink is amazing!
it aint shell pink. it just looks that way in the light.
Image

i need to get more good pictures of the colour. the problem with the lighting in my house is it's blinding white or yellow.
Is that a mustang bridge installed backwards?
yeah. i tend to install mustang bridges backwards to avoid strings rubbing against the screws when using a higher break angle.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
SadFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by SadFuzz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:24 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:21 pm
SadFuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:26 am


it aint shell pink. it just looks that way in the light.
Image

i need to get more good pictures of the colour. the problem with the lighting in my house is it's blinding white or yellow.
Is that a mustang bridge installed backwards?
yeah. i tend to install mustang bridges backwards to avoid strings rubbing against the screws when using a higher break angle.
Nice might try this.
If everything is possible, why do anything? -J Mascis

User avatar
JagWire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:40 am

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by JagWire » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Image

Me and my best friend from childhood with our first offsets, probably age 16.

A 65 Dakota red reissue CIJ
and a CAR CIJ Comp Stang

User avatar
aliendawg
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 1:11 pm
Location: brazil

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by aliendawg » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:35 am

JagWire wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Me and my best friend from childhood with our first offsets, probably age 16.

A 65 Dakota red reissue CIJ
and a CAR CIJ Comp Stang
That's a dope picture!! Two mustangs?
within cells interlinked

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am

JagWire wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Image

Me and my best friend from childhood with our first offsets, probably age 16.

A 65 Dakota red reissue CIJ
and a CAR CIJ Comp Stang
is you michael cera?
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
JagWire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:40 am

Re: Post pics of yourselves and your offsets!!

Post by JagWire » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am
JagWire wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Image

Me and my best friend from childhood with our first offsets, probably age 16.

A 65 Dakota red reissue CIJ
and a CAR CIJ Comp Stang
is you michael cera?
Haha yeah I did look like him back then, huh?
aliendawg wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:35 am
JagWire wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Me and my best friend from childhood with our first offsets, probably age 16.

A 65 Dakota red reissue CIJ
and a CAR CIJ Comp Stang
That's a dope picture!! Two mustangs?
And yes!

Two mustangs!

Post Reply