CME Squier Classic Vibe JM in Purple

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

CME Squier Classic Vibe JM in Purple

Post by tune_link » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:41 am

https://reverb.com/item/34306325-squier ... 6EIglDbCG4

I just saw this pop up on Reverb. Hadn't seen it before. Gonna go ahead and say that I'm into the purple metallic. They paired it with the gold anodized pickguard which is not my thing but I know others really like those.

sa1126
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: CME Squier Classic Vibe JM in Purple

Post by sa1126 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:17 am

That is kind of cool. I wonder if they have any cool jaguars too?
Gibson Les Paul Custom --> Orange AD30

great deals with dug, grandmasterdavid, ChrisFFTA, Bryce_dude13, cestlamort, jimi, HNB,blake480,DocCarlson,
Gonkulator, AWSchmit, billboneys, panoramic,Gavanti,seancomm,Swansonron,Con-Tiki!

Mfranzdorf
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mfranzdorf » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm

I love it. I’d really go for a purple Jag.

brain21
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by brain21 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 pm

These were first announced, as far as I can tell, on Tuesday on Anderton's instagram. They were working on a demo video this week according to Danish Petes IG. These are brand new. Limited run (more details below). Exclusive to Anderton's and CME.

The guitar was designed by Anderton's, obviously influenced heavily by "Danish" Pete and his now semi-famous Purple Tele. It is a "split exclusive." Brand new, you can ONLY get them (in this color scheme) at Chicago Music Exchange (CME) or Andertons UK.
I have a feeling that these will sell out FAST. The really cheap Squier Bullet Teles in this purple sold out in like 2 hours last year. This is obviously more expensive, a little bit more polarizing in terms of mass appeal compared to a tele, but I still don't expect them to last very long.

I just bought one.

Here is the deal, w/ todays exchange rates:

If you buy at CME:
$429 + free shipping in the USA. **They will not ship until around October 7th** - its a pre-order only :(

If you buys at Andertons, and have it shipped to the US:
The price when you put it in your cart is 379 pounds sterling ($467). That includes VAT.
Once you put in the USA shipping address and move far enough along in the process, it will remove VAT, and add in shipping. The total in the end will be about $400 for the guitar, and about $62 for shipping. They say you will have it in 5 days. I'll guess 2 weeks just to be safe.

$430 from CME and you get it in October, or
$462 from Andertons and you get it in a week or two.

It's only a $32 difference. I ordered from Andertons. I threw in a matching Andertons shirt too, because WTH.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:33 pm

Oh my God, I want this so badly. Why does it have to be a stupid exclusive??

It is IDENTICAL to the prototype of the J Mascis Jazzmaster, that J got from the custom shop, minus the jumbo frets.
Fender Japan changed the shade of purple to a brighter big flake with more red in the mix, but this metallic purple with more blue is what the original prototype looked like.
It didn't have a matching headstock either.
I was hoping his signature model would have been the same, alas Fender Japan made changes (I still bought it).

Oh man, I really need this. I'd go for it, but ordering from the US or UK right now is shit for Canadians. Damn low CAD.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 am

Hah. I'm also in Canada, also own an MIJ Mascis (which has aged to Ruby Slipper and doesn't remotely resemble purple anymore), and also want this bad, but lament the exchange rate.

It's a gorgeous shade of purple, though, if the photo is an accurate representation.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Fenderlicious
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Fenderlicious » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 am

Just got one of these.
They are very purple!
https://imgur.com/czj5EdB
https://imgur.com/XIjPwZg

jdr1014
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jdr1014 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:03 am

Different strokes and all that......but this one's not for me. Color is the shade of a (non-metallic) Robert Cray strat I had years ago. Tried to like it, but just didn't. If it was was darker and more reddish with big Gretsch-like sparkle flakes - who knows lol! Good that there are more color options being offered tho!

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:28 am

mbene085 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 am
Hah. I'm also in Canada, also own an MIJ Mascis (which has aged to Ruby Slipper and doesn't remotely resemble purple anymore), and also want this bad, but lament the exchange rate.

It's a gorgeous shade of purple, though, if the photo is an accurate representation.
I traded my Fender Mascis model for a competition Mustang to a guy on shortscale.org a couple years ago, and even though I absolutely love the Mustang, I regret the trade.
I bought it new, when they were released.
It was also ruby in most lighting, only purple in low light, by the time I traded it.

Anodized gold guards give a Jazzmaster a very loud and resonant unplugged sound in comparison to a plastic or nylon guard. They also add a noticable zing and crispness to the amplified tone.
I really miss the unplugged loudness it added.

My remaining Jazzmasters have tort and mint guards. One of these days soon, I'll find a nice US gold guard for my black AVRI.

So much nice gear, so little time.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:32 am

mbene085 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 am

Mine has gone “ lRuby Slipper” too! I don’t even call it purple anymore. Ruby or raspberry is what it is.

This new model is closer to J’s actual guitar. I didn’t know Fender Japan changed it? J has said he likes Metal flake, but his actual Jazzmaster is more of a Crown Royal purple like this. It’s almost a dark blue.

ShatoonBringerOfCorn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ShatoonBringerOfCorn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am

I'm quite taken with this, although I'm not sure on the gold pick guard. Could anyone with good photoshop skills show what it would look like with white or black instead?

Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lobsterdeth » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:34 pm

I'm definitely getting one of these. Should I order now from CME? Do you think the pre-orders will run out soon?
ShatoonBringerOfCorn wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am
I'm quite taken with this, although I'm not sure on the gold pick guard. Could anyone with good photoshop skills show what it would look like with white or black instead?
I did a mock-up with a tortoiseshell pickguard, I got an AVRI tortoise shell pickguard just waiting for this sucker to arrive (although the gold doesn't look bad either, we'll see...) I'm at work atm so I don't got Photoshop for white or black though, sorry papi.

https://i.imgur.com/Sk2x0Wu.jpg
Love and hate were in the air like pollen from a flower.
--------------------------------------------------
https://shutupjam.bandcamp.com/

tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tune_link » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Looks dooooooooope with the tort!

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:50 pm

It is brutally difficult to resist the GAS on this one. It's just such a gorgeous colour.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

ShatoonBringerOfCorn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ShatoonBringerOfCorn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Lobsterdeth wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:34 pm
I did a mock-up with a tortoiseshell pickguard, I got an AVRI tortoise shell pickguard just waiting for this sucker to arrive (although the gold doesn't look bad either, we'll see...) I'm at work atm so I don't got Photoshop for white or black though, sorry papi.

https://i.imgur.com/Sk2x0Wu.jpg
I'm not usually a big tortoiseshell fan, but this looks good actually!

I've given in to GAS and ordered one. I might get a white guard to try out, although I think a black pick guard with black pup covers and knobs would look awesome too