Hiscox case for Jazzmaster?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
matarroano
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hiscox case for Jazzmaster?

Post by matarroano » Tue May 28, 2019 12:52 am

Hi!

Anyone experienced with using an Hiscox case for their Jazzmaster? It's my preferred go-to brand for any case needs but, they don't seem to cater to Jazzmaster owners. I think there are the best cases available on the market and I trust them wholeheartedly for all my travel be it flying or anything really... If you don0t know them, you should have a loot at their offer.

Regarding my question, I've contacted them but I think I got a reply from their "new intern"...

There is also a model for basses and another Jags and I'm pretty sure there will be one that "fits". I also read elsewhere (?) someone using Hiscox for their Jazzmaster.

Anyone uses one with their JM here? What's your opinion and feedback on it? Proper fit?

Let me know. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

simonhpieman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hiscox case for Jazzmaster?

Post by simonhpieman » Tue May 28, 2019 1:00 am

To keep a long story short, an airline obliterated my lovely new Fender TSA case and the only replacement I could get was from their preferred supplier - Hiscox. (If you smash up my stuff it shouldn't be you who decides how to replace it but there we go. Don't fly with the newest Fender HSCs, kids...)

I called Hiscox and they said, "We don't make a Jazzmaster case."

Which is nonsense cos a Jazzmaster fits perfectly into their Jaguar case (model number E-JAG I think?). The headstock gets close to the top of the case but it doesn't move around at all. I flew with mine and it was absolutely fine.

It also fits a Squier Venus almost perfectly, too.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

Yep, have had my Jazzmasters(s) in a Hiscox Liteflite 'JAG' case for about 15 years.

Super solid, and lives up to the 'lite' part of the name; makes Fender's G&G cases feel like boat anchors.

Wouldn't use anything else if trusting the instrument to baggage handlers/removalists.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

matarroano
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by matarroano » Tue May 28, 2019 1:11 am

simonhpieman wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:00 am
To keep a long story short, an airline obliterated my lovely new Fender TSA case and the only replacement I could get was from their preferred supplier - Hiscox. (If you smash up my stuff it shouldn't be you who decides how to replace it but there we go. Don't fly with the newest Fender HSCs, kids...)

I called Hiscox and they said, "We don't make a Jazzmaster case."

Which is nonsense cos a Jazzmaster fits perfectly into their Jaguar case (model number E-JAG I think?). The headstock gets close to the top of the case but it doesn't move around at all. I flew with mine and it was absolutely fine.

It also fits a Squier Venus almost perfectly, too.
Thanks for your reply Simon (Edit: and Andy)!

Yep. I got the same answer. "Nope. We don't have a case that will fit the Jazzmaster." And looking at their website that left me really, really intrigued. And doubting their reply... I'm glad I did.

These are really the only cases that I feel I can feel relaxed and comfortable with... And they are "recommended" (!!! )by airline companies? Just out of curiosity, which one was it?

Their Jag case will fit, hein? Will you be kind enough to post some pictures? When and if you find the time...That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

simonhpieman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by simonhpieman » Tue May 28, 2019 2:26 am

I've got rid of the JM since so can't help on the pic front but given that I'd been burned before, trust me when I say I wouldn't have flown with it if I wasn't happy that the case fit properly! :)

mothershipzeta
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mothershipzeta » Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 am

yep, hiscox is awesome, mine’s been rock solid for 8+ years now. been using it mainly with a jag, but jazzmasters are also a perfect fit, tried it with several ones along the years. recommended!

edit: currently i can’t post pictures with a jm inside either because i don’t have access to one, sorry
indulj már, hé / embermlék / önmagától gyulladó fény!

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am

I never thought of buying the Hiscox electric guitar cases. I love them for acoustics and feel silly for not having looked into this. Guess I know what my next case purchase will be.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

matarroano
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by matarroano » Wed May 29, 2019 2:52 pm

mothershipzeta wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 am
yep, hiscox is awesome, mine’s been rock solid for 8+ years now. been using it mainly with a jag, but jazzmasters are also a perfect fit, tried it with several ones along the years. recommended!
edit: currently i can’t post pictures with a jm inside either because i don’t have access to one, sorry
Awesome! I'm getting the Jaguar one! No pictures needed!
mbene085 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am
I never thought of buying the Hiscox electric guitar cases. I love them for acoustics and feel silly for not having looked into this. Guess I know what my next case purchase will be.
Well... You'll thank me (us) later! Cheers to that!
simonhpieman wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:26 am
I've got rid of the JM since so can't help on the pic front but given that I'd been burned before, trust me when I say I wouldn't have flown with it if I wasn't happy that the case fit properly! :)
Yep! Thanks for your input. I do think you should get another JM... ;)

matarroano
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by matarroano » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 am

Well... I did get the "Jag" Hiscox case and the headstock is a "no fit. Body and neck are perfect but the headstock is a little so "high and long"...

Also, the case doesn't seem to close properly... Maybe it need some "getting used to". To be modded/molded? Should I "work" the padding?

The case now is a "near, near, near, near perfect fit". Still not perfect. The model I bought is the Hiscox PRO-II-EJAG.

What did you guys, who own this case, did for your Jazzmaster to fit and actually close the case? Anyone had this same problem?

Thanks in advance!

andresantos
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by andresantos » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:42 pm

did you solve it, Matarroano?

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:24 pm

andresantos wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:42 pm
did you solve it, Matarroano?
Welcome aboard, andresantos!

Unfortunately, I don't think matarroano will see your comment. Looks like his last login was May 10th of 2020.

My solution for my Jazzmaster case issue (after I found out the hard way that the Cobain case is the oddball Jaguar only sort of situation) was to get the SKB. Fits both perfectly without shifting at all!

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:49 pm

matarroano wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 am
What did you guys, who own this case, did for your Jazzmaster to fit and actually close the case? Anyone had this same problem?

Thanks in advance!
I put the guitar in the case and closed it. Both Jazzmasters fitted just fine.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:28 pm

andy_tchp wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:49 pm
matarroano wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 am

Thanks in advance!
I put the guitar in the case and closed it. Both Jazzmasters fitted just fine.
Given that matarroano hasn't posted in this thread since 2019 and hasn't logged in since 2020, not sure he'll see that.

But I do have to ask, for anybody else that happens to stumble upon this thread: Did you and he get the same model case or are there multiple models and that's why he had trouble?

Mondaysoutar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mondaysoutar » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:17 am

One of my pals got a hiscox case for his player series Jag, and my Jazzmaster fits in it fine man. Not sure if the exact model or that, but when he bought it the boy said it was made for offsets.

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:55 am

yep, +1 I have the his cox "jag' case and it fits my Jazzmasters perfectly