Newville Guitars look cool

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
BenG76
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Newville Guitars look cool

Post by BenG76 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:52 pm

I like them but don't care for the gold hardware.

sears
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sears » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 am

I'm not sure I like it but to me the Kauer body looks more like a Fedner than that Newville looks like a Kauer.
maskedsuperstar.bandcamp.com

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 601210 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:27 am

I think the only thing that you could describe as Kauer-like is the stretched upper horn and the outlined pickguard. Doesn't really scream "ripoff" to me.

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 am

I really hope they don't rip off this Kauer design..

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:34 pm

El Pelo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 pm
Who makes the other Kauer-esque guitars?
Fender? :unsure:
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

NewVille Guitars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by NewVille Guitars » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi There!

This is Isaac from NewVille Guitars! :)

First of all, I would like to really thank you all for opening this thread, posting on it, sharing your views whichever away and asking all the right questions. This may be a bit of a long reply, but we thought we answered all the questions at once.

So how did we find this thread? We were not actively looking for it, in case you were wondering. Our website tracks where the visits come from, and we noticed we had quite a few from the link you posted on offsetguitars.com. Yes, scary I know.... we did not even know we had that functionality... But it is part of the analytics software on every site apparently. The future.... oh well.

To the point:

- Who are we? and where are the guitars made?
Guitars are made in the mountains of North Spain, in southern Europe. I was born there, but moved to London 22 years ago, and lived there for 20 years. I had a band, and had loads of fun, met a lot of guitar players, and helped them with setting them up, fixing, and at some point, I started building guitars, one at the time, purely for myself.
A couple of years ago, my dad passed away. He was a carpenter, and he mainly built furniture for big ships. Well, even the fridges were done by him and his team really. Cabins, decks, staircases, ect, in Oil Tankers and cargo ships... big things... All the wood you saw on the ship, it was done my dad's company. I used to work there as a teenager, and knew the team, so when he was gone, I felt I had to carry on. And so I did. I relocated to North Spain 2 years ago, which meant, no more rock and roll for me, and a lot of work.
A year ago, I realised I was missing being part of the music industry, or at least the local scene. To me it made total sense. I have this company, a great team, machinery to build some guitars... as a side project.... and just for fun. So we worked on few prototypes on our spare time and here we are.

- What's with the price?
Well, this is not our main source of income (actually, it is not a source of income at all) :). The idea was to build guitars for friends, and people from the local scene either here in Spain, or in London. Mainly people we know. But the response and level of demand we have had in the past 10 days, was not expected at all. Still, the idea is the same. Create some very decent guitars, with the best elements we can use for them to make sense (as a guitar and as a product), and try to keep it as affordable as possible, so we can get the guitars, not only to rich people or collectors, but also to people who will be playing the sh*t out of them. (excuse my French).
Also, this price is there because we just started, and we were not anticipating the level of demand we are having. I don't think we will be keeping these prices forever, and I don't know for how long we are going to manage to keep it as low as you see today.

- Not a lot of info!!
Yes... we have not even launched yet. The official presentation is on the 11th May. The website is running for 2 weeks today. We had 3 guitars built, and now they are sold. We have received a tone of custom orders, which means we will have to work really really hard to deliver. We are also building some extra 10 guitars or so, to make sure we can keep this thing going without any delays (we expect these 10 extra guitars on top of our orders to be ready by end of May). So the reviews, the videos, the live footage... all that will come, and it will come very soon. We were just not ready for the acceptance we are having, and the speed this is taking.

- Are they any good?
We like them :). No seriously, they are. Let's put some perspective into this. We sell at that price because this is not how we make our living. This was meant to be a fun project. We were happy not to lose money. That doesn't mean they are your average $1000 guitar. We use nice wood (African Mahogany, Maple...), top quality hardware (Hipshot, TonePros, Kluson...), and we do our own pickups... well, our sister company in London does, which is owned by our best friend. Amazing Pickups. But also, they are not worth $4000 either. When you buy a Lincoln Guitar, or any other $3000+ high end boutique guitar (and this is just an example), you get a great guitar, made with great woods (Mahogany and maple as well, but also Cedar and exotic expensive woods indeed), incredible looking tops (flame, quilted... ours so far, completely standard maple, so we paint over it), one piece bodies (we are not scared of using 2 piece-bodies, it is a cosmetic thing really, nothing to do with sound quality) and you get a unique piece from the luthier (while we do "Custom" but within certain options.... somebody out there, elsewhere, could have the same guitar as you... unlikely but possible)...
So are $3000+ high-end boutique guitars expensive? I think they aren't, but then only few people can tell you, as the price is what it is. You pay for exclusivity, and almost the full attention of a very small team, usually. You get a beautiful high-end guitar from an amazing builder.
Do you get a $1000 guitar when you buy a NewVille? NO! I don't think so. You get much much more than that. . We don't consider those boutique guitar builders our direct competitors though. We just target different markets.

Our idea was always to offer the same quality instrument, but make it more affordable. And to achieve that I believe the right decisions have been made. And we don't want to hide it.

- Ship to US?
Yes we do! We have had many orders now from over there!

- Not Offset?
They are. Not as much as a Jazzmaster... but they are. Maybe the picture you have seen do not show this, but I can promise they are :)

- Future?
Well... we are going to keep moving forward. Shortly we will have some variants of this model( single coil versions, different wiring options, some new amazing colours, chrome and nickel hardware...), and we will launch our second model this year. It will have beautiful tops, don't worry ;) But again, to keep them as affordable as possible, we have to standardise certain things, so we can build them quick, keeping the quality as high as it can be.

Again, THANK YOU all for you interest, or at least for your comments. We take everything on board. we have just started, and this is just the embryo. We are not even born yet. Therefore we need all the feedback we can gather.
Also, ANY question you may have, please do reach out to us, and we will be happy to answer, find a solution, change things, redesign, customize etc.

For anything you may need, do contact us, and somebody from our team will get back to you almost immediately.

THANKS!

Isaac
Last edited by NewVille Guitars on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:40 am, edited 6 times in total.

NewVille Guitars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by NewVille Guitars » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Last edited by NewVille Guitars on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for the post giving us the background about your guitars.

It is an interesting story

Hope it all goes well for you.

:)

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks, Isaac. They are priced decently and look nice.

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 am

Nice to hear from you Isaac! I hope your company florishes, as the product sure looks the part and your prices are on point! Good luck. :)
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

dougk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dougk » Sat May 18, 2019 5:38 am

I like them!

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 am

How's that sonichris guitar coming along?