Nels is Mad

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Nels is Mad

Post by Arthon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:41 am

StevenO wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 am
Here in Canada, a new Custom Shop Fender is roughly the same price as vintage equivalent, at least where Jazzmasters and Jaguars are involved (not the same for Strats, Teles, P or J basses). So I'd much rather buy a vintage 5k Jazzmaster that will go up in value than a 5k CS Jazzmaster that will be worth 3 the minute it leaves the store. But then again, buy used, sell used. Buy vintage, sell vintage. I have very little motivation to buy brand new in general.

To me, after a certain price point, it's not about quality anyhow, it's about return on investment. For some people, that return on investment is the joy it brings from playing it day in and day out. For others it's how much they can for it when they decide they want something else or need a quick cash infusion. YMMV.
Well, I have 3 Custom Shop, and since the price of new CS rise each years, I can sold my Jazzmaster, my Strat and my Tele nearly the same price has I pay them. I will lose some money, but not 2k. For example, I have pay my CS JM 4,3K$; in Montréal, used CS JM goes around 3,5k$. I even made money with a PRRI that I have bought new some years ago (not a CS, I know). So, if you are a little patient, you wont lose has much has you explain...

Makes me wonder when Fender will stop raising their price like they have been in the last few years...

There is also the Custom Care when you buy a new CS (non-transferable). Lifetime warranty is something nice that worth something. I have already used it to fix the Trem collar on my JM.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Nels is Mad

Post by higgsblossom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:20 am

Okay, I really like Jeff Tweedy‘s solo album. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, but I can also tell that the songwriting and arrangements are thoughtful and spot on. That was a surprise, really. So thanks for this thread!
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"