Fender Alternate Reality Sixty-Six

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Alternate Reality Sixty-Six

Post by higgsblossom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm

I know he gets a lot of praise, but Andy from PGS, he's with Reverb now I believe, is absolutely great at what he does.
https://youtu.be/GSbTDToZkAE
A good example: in 90% of the video, you don’t even see his face. That‘s a camera angle the Andertons guys would never use...
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"

wooderson
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wooderson » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 pm

higgsblossom wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm
I know he gets a lot of praise, but Andy from PGS, he's with Reverb now I believe, is absolutely great at what he does.
https://youtu.be/GSbTDToZkAE
A good example: in 90% of the video, you don’t even see his face. That‘s a camera angle the Andertons guys would never use...
I can't watch the Anderton's guys but they're not doing a poor job of serious demos... they're just not doing serious demos.
The jokes and personalities are the selling point of the channel. 90% of the hetero women I know watch Property Brothers - who cares that it's cheesy and tells me nothing about design or building, they're hot.

higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by higgsblossom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 pm

The question remains: if all the people I like don’t like their videos and make good music, what music is it the fans of those videos make? Who‘s attracted by Chappers?
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 am

higgsblossom wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 pm
The question remains: if all the people I like don’t like their videos and make good music, what music is it the fans of those videos make? Who‘s attracted by Chappers?
I've asked this before but I've generally come to the conclusion that 'Demo dude noodle' is a genre, just like Ibanez guitar clinic shredz in a genre, though I'm too much of a delicate flower around geetar playing to have any rational opinion as observed by Jaguar018.
Jaguar018 wrote:
Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:15 am
Unlike distorted guitar-averse Shadowplay (I imagine him to be like a campy vampire hissing at sunlight when he hears them :D ) I DO like guitars playing chords and distortion just fine.

The fundamental thing is that i like music and was a music obsessive long before i had a guitar and I honestly don't get that feeling from guitar demo dude, I think they like guitar but are indifferent to music whereas I just love music, buying new records and finding new artists and I don't care what it's made with, from noseflute, to home keyboard, to dueting with an Owl, to slapping some meat...don't care, only that I like it and virtually from the egg I've found the traditional guitar hero, his trousers, his haircut and his more often than not his attitude to women anathema to everything i love about music (and value).

The thing about music is that it's not really skills based, skills can make it easier and give you confidence but music is all about ideas but I can't be the only person who has been stunned by the music of someone you could play way 'better' than. No one will fall in love to Demo Dude rawk, no one will soundtrack loss with it, no one will dance to it or even go out running to it and therefore it's less than nothing, You know when I first heard Molly Nilsson I felt such deep shame that I had more skills and better gear than her rudimentary Casiotone but I couldn't lay a fucking glove on her and I get that feeling a lot from music. That's because music is witchcraft and essentially unknowable.

As for the humour mentioned upstream it's no laughing matter, it's roughly on a par with the sort of wit free dullard that posts memes. That fnarr fnarr down the student union at rag week bilge is roughly as appealing as a tape worm infestation. When I was at University I endured similar arseholes quoting The Big Lebowski, The Young Ones, Withnail or similar well trodden crutches of the witless but then I'd just get up and get the fuck away from them and their stupendously charmless verbal diarrhoea, these days I just avoid the Captain of nothingness and Chappers.

D
Last edited by shadowplay on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you loathsome tonight?

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am

^^^

"Open up, it's the pigs" is far wittier than anything Chappers has ever uttered.
This is an excellent rectangle

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:32 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am
^^^

"Open up, it's the pigs" is far wittier than anything Chappers has ever uttered.
I wasn't so much criticising the quote but the typical quotee and the empty wit of the sort of plum that choses to dive in those over fished waters.

D

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 am

shadowplay wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:32 am
mackerelmint wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am
^^^

I wasn't so much criticising the quote but the typical quotee and the empty wit of the sort of plum that choses to dive in those over fished waters.

D
That's not lost on me, but let's be honest: The repeated pants-shitting hijinks of Bottom are wittier than Chappers.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:24 am

higgsblossom wrote:
Who‘s attracted by Chappers?
Flies.

vistavision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by vistavision » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am

Someone on the Reddit offset posted about this. And sure as shit Fender forgot to change the headstock image on their site.
Lo, and behold the original name of the Sixty-Six...
(My screencap from right before I posted this btw)
I'm sure some Fender dealer in '64 looked at the new Duo-Sonic II and thought, "That's not a Duo-Sonic. That's a Mustang".

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:37 pm

shadowplay wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 am
higgsblossom wrote:
I've asked this before but I've generally come to the conclusion that 'Demo dude noodle' is a genre, just like Ibanez guitar clinic shredz in a genre, though I'm too much of a delicate flower around geetar playing to have any rational opinion as observed by Jaguar018.
Jaguar018 wrote:
Unlike distorted guitar-averse Shadowplay (I imagine him to be like a campy vampire hissing at sunlight when he hears them :D ) I DO like guitars playing chords and distortion just fine.

The fundamental thing is that i like music and was a music obsessive long before i had a guitar and I honestly don't get that feeling from guitar demo dude, I think they like guitar but are indifferent to music whereas I just love music, buying new records and finding new artists and I don't care what it's made with, from noseflute, to home keyboard, to dueting with an Owl, to slapping some meat...don't care, only that I like it and virtually from the egg I've found the traditional guitar hero, his trousers, his haircut and his more often than not his attitude to women anathema to everything i love about music (and value).

The thing about music is that it's not really skills based, skills can make it easier and give you confidence but music is all about ideas but I can't be the only person who has been stunned by the music of someone you could play way 'better' than. No one will fall in love to Demo Dude rawk, no one will soundtrack loss with it, no one will dance to it or even go out running to it and therefore it's less than nothing, You know when I first heard Molly Nilsson I felt such deep shame that I had more skills and better gear than her rudimentary Casiotone but I couldn't lay a fucking glove on her and I get that feeling a lot from music. That's because music is witchcraft and essentially unknowable.

As for the humour mentioned upstream it's no laughing matter, it's roughly on a par with the sort of wit free dullard that posts memes. That fnarr fnarr down the student union at rag week bilge is roughly as appealing as a tape worm infestation. When I was at University I endured similar arseholes quoting The Big Lebowski, The Young Ones, Withnail or similar well trodden crutches of the witless but then I'd just get up and get the fuck away from them and their stupendously charmless verbal diarrhoea, these days I just avoid the Captain of nothingness and Chappers.

D
Do you always give this stuff away for free or have you written for zines or anything ever? If not, I wish you would because I love your posts.

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:41 pm

shadowplay wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:10 am
Sauerkraut wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:57 am
sunburster wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Come on. I don't like the guy either but I don't daydream about ways in which I'd like him to be killed. That's messed up.
watch this and see if you still think that's messed up
I just think that's the perfect illustration how there's loads of fucks on youtube with no knowledge or charisma to speak off with huge online followings. I mean that pair can't even choose a decent pair of trousers, which to be fair is a hurdle that's too high for all the demodudes.

I'd put them roughly at the level of the sort of cunt that comes up to you in the street when you are parking a beautiful, interesting or exotic car and tells you all the things that are wrong with it, while in reality having no experience of anything beyond a white goods shitebox I'd not drive in a burka (oh and having all the sartorial pzazz of someone whose elderly mother buys their clothes for them in the supermarket).

D
I’ve watched way too many of those Anderton’s videos for someone who beyond never getting anything out of them, in fact usually fucking hates them and ends up super annoyed with the dumb shit they spew. Guy on the left who’s been doing these for a lot longer than the other guy is just a horrible, horrible chud.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:27 am

vistavision wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am
Someone on the Reddit offset posted about this. And sure as shit Fender forgot to change the headstock image on their site.
Lo, and behold the original name of the Sixty-Six...
(My screencap from right before I posted this btw)
Haha, whoops! Makes no difference to me since I'd be sticking a rosewood strat neck on anyway

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 am

Yeah, I'll probably be waiting for Stratosphere to start selling the bodies so I can do something similar. Rosewood CBS strat or JM neck.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm

shadowplay wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:09 am
I struggle to make any meaningful contribution round here having bought all the guitars I'm very going to buy and generally posting about music and cars most folk don't like.
Ha, you're one of my favourite members here, I think of you as me if I had my tastes more fully realised. I've also followed up on your musical recommendations more than anyone else here. Don't ever change.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 am

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:37 pm
shadowplay wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 am
higgsblossom wrote:
Jaguar018 wrote:

D
Do you always give this stuff away for free or have you written for zines or anything ever? If not, I wish you would because I love your posts.
Err...the live streaming spoken word performance is never free if you ask Lady Shadowplay, she pays...every day. I've never done any paid writing, I'm not very literate and the last fanzine I wrote for was not far off 40 years ago and even now there's still unsold copies in box somewhere.

It's nice of you to say so, made my day, I generally feel I just come across as a total prick.
MatthewK wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm
shadowplay wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:09 am
I struggle to make any meaningful contribution round here having bought all the guitars I'm very going to buy and generally posting about music and cars most folk don't like.
Ha, you're one of my favourite members here, I think of you as me if I had my tastes more fully realised. I've also followed up on your musical recommendations more than anyone else here. Don't ever change.
Thanks, I'll try and keep on on it.

D