Squier Super-Sonics

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
dfshk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Squier Super-Sonics

Post by dfshk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:14 am

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have enjoyed checking out the many cool guitars on here.

I have owned two beautiful (but lightly modded) Squier Super-Sonics for many years, but since moving abroad they've become potential candidates for selling. I was just wondering what these things are worth nowadays, and whether they can be sold modded or whether it makes sense to find original parts for them.

The black one has a new pickguard from the US, and two DiMarzio's PAF 59 humbuckers. Everything else is original.
The white one has a new pickguard custom-built by a guitar shop, and has a DiMarzio super-distortion in the bridge. Everything else is original.

sa1126
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Squier Super-Sonics

Post by sa1126 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 am

Reverb has them in the $700-800 range which is surprising. I know the re-issues were blown out for rather cheap. They are rad guitars though...I will never sell mine :)
Gibson Les Paul Custom --> Orange AD30

great deals with dug, grandmasterdavid, ChrisFFTA, Bryce_dude13, cestlamort, jimi, HNB,blake480,DocCarlson,
Gonkulator, AWSchmit, billboneys, panoramic,Gavanti,seancomm,Swansonron,Con-Tiki!