NGD : Squier Bullet Mustang

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
pikmin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD : Squier Bullet Mustang

Post by pikmin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:25 pm

So , I have already 2 Jazzmasters ( A Partscaster with Classic 60s neck and Curtis Novak pickups and a modded SJMJM with Staytrem bridge and Qpickups ) , a modded CIJ Jaguar ( with Qpickups , new wiring , Staytrem bridge and arm ), a Custom 77 T-Sonic ( awesome ) and a Squier Bass VI ( with Staytrem bridge ) .

My wife knew I didn’t have a Mustang and I needed one , so she just gave me a Christmas present : an Olympic Withe Squier Bullet Mustang .

I’m really amazed by this thing .
It’s so fun to play , so confortable . The action is low and the intonation is spot on , out of the box .
The pickups are good , I’ve never heard humbuckers like these ones ...
Tomorrow I will change the strings , put some lemon oil on the fretboard and polish the frets .
Later , maybe I will use true oil or something on the neck , I like the feel of this satin neck but I think, it needs something more to protect the wood .
Before I got this Mustang , I was planning to buy one and do a lot of mods with it but it’s already great as it is , so I will play with it stock for a while !

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD : Squier Bullet Mustang

Post by Embenny » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Congrats!

I have one of the blue ones and love it. They're phenomenal guitars for the money. I could resist modding it, but you're absolutely right that they are great right out of the box. Mine just needed a fret polish and a little widening of the nut slots out of the gate.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

NICQ
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NICQ » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:28 pm

The white one looks great - I want to buy one too next year...
Played one in a store and the neck was really slim and fast.. liked that
Cool guitars out of the box and a great modding platform :-)

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:16 am

Congrats!
I'm knee-deep in modding mine but they work great stock! I wasn't a fan of the bridge saddles though, they kept working loose. To fix this I stuck some yarn down the saddle height screw holes and screwed them back in. Been solid ever since.
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay

Dr Improbable
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Dr Improbable » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm

My son has one of those. Great guitars! Happy NGD!